The kids from Sandy Hook Elementary headed back to school this morning and I think they were in all of our thoughts when they entered their new classrooms without some of their classmates and favorite teachers.
Producer Craig‘s sister works at Amplitude Marketing in Newtown, and they have come up with a great way to help you show your support for the kids of Sandy Hook and at the same time donate to a scholarship fund.
There are several ways you can help: You can make a donation and of course pass along the organization’s website and Facebook page to your friends and family…
But my favorite way to help is to buy a t-shirt that says “We Are Newtown” because, especially today, we are all Newtown!
Kyle Lyddy, one of the founders of the initiative, called us to share his idea with us this morning:
“We came up with a t-shirt design just to kind of unify the community, to show the support for these students, these teachers, this administration but also our town,” said Kyle.
“We’ve received thousands of orders from across the entire country,” Kyle continued. “Whether it be alumni from the school… or people who want to support our cause. It’s been an incredible outpouring of support.”
The “We Are Newtown” initiative was started as a community site to share fundraising efforts and goodwill in support of the Sandy Hook Elementary School tragedy. We have hope. Hope with the knowledge that we are not and will not be defined by the misguided actions of one, but rather by what we do as a result of those actions. “We Are Newtown” rallies communities to unite and become stronger in times of tragedy.
We have established the “We Are Newtown” Memorial Scholarship, to honor those lives taken at Sandy Hook. Our goal is simple, to support the efforts of graduating seniors from Newtown with annual scholarships of $26,000. Our hope is to continue these scholarships annually, and to be able to award more than one scholarship per year. The “We Are Newtown” Memorial Scholarship is being administered by the Newtown Scholarship Association, Inc., a federally recognized 501(c)3 since 1963.
100% of net proceeds support the “We Are Newtown” Memorial Scholarship.
SEE ALSO: Kids Donate Artwork To Sandy Hook Students (92.3 NOW)
Contact the Jim & Kim Show:
- Email Producer Craig at: email@example.com
- Give Jim Douglas Golf Tips at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wake Up Kim Berk at 3am at: email@example.com
- ‘Like’ Jim & Kim On Facebook
- Bios: Get To Know Jim & Kim and Craig Too!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Exclusive: Selena Gomez Denies Collaborating with The Weeknd on New Music
- Ariana Grande Posts Heartfelt Letter to Bombing Victims, Plans Benefit Concert
- Hanson’s Kids Star in Adorable ‘I Was Born’ Video
- #TeamTooMuch: You’ll Never Believe Mariah Carey’s Diva Demands On The Set Of Her New Film!
- ‘Despacito’ Beat Works on Every Pop Song. Here’s Proof.