Mumford & Sons, Eddie Vedder, Tom Morello To Play Bruce Springsteen MusiCares Tribute
A star-studded lineup will be on hand to perform Bruce Springsteen‘s songs when he is presented with the 2013 Grammy MusiCares Person Of The Year Award at a ceremony taking place on Friday, February 8 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
On the bill: Elton John, Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam, Jackson Browne, Patti Smith, Neil Young, frequent Springsteen collaborator and Rage Against The Machine guitarist Tom Morello, gospel legend Mavis Staples, Sting, country superstars Kenny Chesney, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw and Dixie Chick Natalie Maines, Columbian rock star Juanes, R&B superstar John Legend, Best New Artist GRAMMY nominee Alabama Shakes, Emmylou Harris, Jim James of psychedelic rockers My Morning Jacket, and six-time GRAMMY nominees Mumford & Sons. The Daily Show‘s Jon Stewart, an avowed Springsteen fan, will host the show.
Proceeds from the event, which takes place two days before the GRAMMYs, funds MusiCares Foundation’s ongoing efforts to support members of the music community with health and human services programs. MusiCares is the charitable arm of the Recording Academy, which presents the annual GRAMMY Awards.
The show is not broadcast for the public, but an edited version of the program is often released on DVD and BluRay; recent MusiCares Person Of The Year concerts that are currently available include the tributes to Neil Young (2010), Barbra Streisand (2011), James Taylor (2006) and Brian Wilson (2005).
— Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Patents Lyrics, Including ‘This Sick Beat’
- Would Chris Pratt Make a Good Indiana Jones?
- Kenny G: I’m Partially Responsible for Starbucks’ Frappuccino, You’re Welcome
- “100 Hours Per Week, No Overtime” – Mariah Carey’s Ex-Nanny Speaks Out
- Ella Henderson on Taking Inspiration from Mermaids and Valentino in Style Files
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Added to List of 2015 GRAMMY Performers