Hunter Hayes Played 32 Instruments On GRAMMY Nominated Album
Hunter Hayes wrote, produced and played every instrument on each of the 12 tracks on his GRAMMY nominated album.
His debut record, he discussed the process with Mix 105.1/Orlando.
“On the record we ended up counting 32 but that’s not to say I can play any of those really well,” Hunter confessed.
Hunter further explained that it was his decision to record the album this way.
“I did make the record by myself and I love playing all the instruments. That’s just something I’m comfortable doing and I love it.”
While it’s nearly impossible for the multi-instrumentalist to play every instrument himself live he revealed that his favorite to play is guitar.
“Guitar is my home. That’s what I write on, that’s what I think in, that’s the terms I think in,” he said. “That’s what I have the most of too. It’s what I spend the most time with practicing. My extra time and spare time, it’s all about the guitar for me.”
The GRAMMYS air February 10 on CBS.
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Wants Her Belly Button to Remain a ‘Mystery’
- Interview: Charli XCX on ‘Sucker,’ Working with Weezer and Chilling at the White House
- Beyoncé’s New Song ‘Ring Off’ Is a Tribute to Her Mom
- Metallica Unleash ‘Enter Sandman’ on Fourth Night of ‘Late Late Show’ Residency: Watch
- Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson Do Everything Wrong in ‘SNL’ Teaser: Watch
- One Direction Sit Down With ‘Ellen’ To Talk Taylor Swift, Bad Disguises & Weddings