Bruce Springsteen To Be Honored By Elton John, Sting & John Legend
Two days before the GRAMMYs, MusiCares is honoring Bruce Springsteen, but it isn’t for his 40 years in the music industry.
On February 8 in Los Angeles, the organization, which ensures people in music have a place to turn in times of financial, medical and personal need, will honor the Boss for his charitable efforts that include raising money for Parkinson’s research and veteran’s organizations.
The gala, hosted by fellow Jersey boy Jon Stewart, will also include appearances from Neil Young, Patti Smith, Mumford and Sons, Jackson Browne, gospel legend Mavis Staples, Dixie Chick Natalie Maines, Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam and one of this year’s Best New Artist nominees, Alabama Shakes.
Proceeds for the sold-out event will benefit MusiCares’ emergency financial assistance and addiction recovery programs.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Beyoncé Got Bored and Decided to Film a Video for ’7/11′ in Her Hotel Suite: Watch
- Katy Perry Calls Out ‘Perverted’ Australian Paparazzi in Twitter Rant
- Ariana Grande May Be on Nicki Minaj’s ‘The Pinkprint’
- Peter Gabriel Debuts New Song ‘What Lies Ahead’ Live in Italy: Watch
- Sting to Attempt to Right Broadway ‘Ship’
- Enter to Win: Hozier in Concert