Bruce Springsteen To Be Honored By Elton John, Sting & John Legend
Two days before the GRAMMYs, MusiCares is honoring Bruce Springsteen, but it isn’t for his 40 years in the music industry.
On February 8 in Los Angeles, the organization, which ensures people in music have a place to turn in times of financial, medical and personal need, will honor the Boss for his charitable efforts that include raising money for Parkinson’s research and veteran’s organizations.
The gala, hosted by fellow Jersey boy Jon Stewart, will also include appearances from Neil Young, Patti Smith, Mumford and Sons, Jackson Browne, gospel legend Mavis Staples, Dixie Chick Natalie Maines, Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam and one of this year’s Best New Artist nominees, Alabama Shakes.
Proceeds for the sold-out event will benefit MusiCares’ emergency financial assistance and addiction recovery programs.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Duran Duran’s Simon Le Bon Reveals the Glue That Kept ‘Paper Gods’ Together
- Prince Drops Surprise Track ‘Stare’
- Ricky Martin to Kick Off U.S. Tour in September
- U2 Are the Subjects of Two Upcoming HBO Specials
- Watch 1,000 People Play Foo Fighters’ ‘Learn To Fly’ At The Same. Freaking. Time.
- Watch Tituss Burgess, Tina Fey and Jane Krakowski Lip-Sync Beyonce