Bruce Springsteen To Be Honored By Elton John, Sting & John Legend
Two days before the GRAMMYs, MusiCares is honoring Bruce Springsteen, but it isn’t for his 40 years in the music industry.
On February 8 in Los Angeles, the organization, which ensures people in music have a place to turn in times of financial, medical and personal need, will honor the Boss for his charitable efforts that include raising money for Parkinson’s research and veteran’s organizations.
The gala, hosted by fellow Jersey boy Jon Stewart, will also include appearances from Neil Young, Patti Smith, Mumford and Sons, Jackson Browne, gospel legend Mavis Staples, Dixie Chick Natalie Maines, Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam and one of this year’s Best New Artist nominees, Alabama Shakes.
Proceeds for the sold-out event will benefit MusiCares’ emergency financial assistance and addiction recovery programs.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Enter To Win: Phillip Phillips Autographed Guitar
- Kanye West, Lorde Reportedly Getting Together in the Studio
- Bono Calls U2’s Surprise iTunes Album Release ‘Punk Rock': ‘Annoy People and Get in Their Faces’
- Prince Releases New Song ‘Funknroll': Listen
- This Week On FM Magazine: Gilda’s Club Northern New Jersey
- Related Questions: Ne-Yo – ‘She Knows’