In 2011 we fell in love with Adele, but in 2012 she proved she was here to stay.
After having surgery in November 2010 to remove a polyp from her vocal cords, the “Rolling In The Deep” singer was keeping quiet. But in February, she took the GRAMMY stage for the first time and proved her voice was just fine. Not to mention that she ended the night with six statues, taking home the prize for Record Of The Year, Song Of The Year and Album Of The Year.
From then on she ruled the charts and by November she sold 10 million copies of her 2011 album, 21. The singer managed to reach this record in under two years—92 weeks to be exact—making hers the 21st album to reach the milestone.
While fans are still anxiously awaiting Adele’s follow-up, she did manage to release one new song, “Skyfall,” the theme to the latest Bond movie. Something she was pretty excited about.
“I’ll be back combing my hair when I’m 60 telling people I was a Bond girl back in the day I’m sure,” she told the BBC.
Her only song of the year could even end up winning her an Oscar.
But even though she wasn’t spending her time in the studio, she did manage to keep herself busy, not to mention the photographers who were trying to catch a glimpse of her baby bump.
One name we can’t forget though is Adele’s and she’s taking legal action to make sure of that.
So what will 2013 hold for the new mommy? We’re excited to find out.
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: Music Community Mourns
- IMPACT: Plain White T’s Gear Up for New Album with ‘The Giving Tree’
- Lana Del Rey Announces Title of ‘Born to Die’ Follow-Up
- Madonna Shows Support for Russian LGBT Community With New Campaign
- Lionel Richie Says Luke Bryan Is ‘First on the List’ For Possible Country Release
- Actress Amanda Bynes Back In Court In Bong-Tossing Case