The singer claims that she misspoke using the word “forced” but admits having prior concerns about those specific lyrics because of her young fan base. Having rewritten the song several times, Ke$ha says the overall message of the song is to live life to its fullest.
Following the tragic event, her single “Die Young” has become the center of controversy with its suggestive dance party hook, “We’re gonna die young.”
The singer Tweeted-then-deleted that she did not want to sing those lyrics, but was “forced” to. She continued to explain that she understood the inappropriateness of her song’s lyrics.
While its airplay has since declined by 11 percent, according to radio tracker Mediabase, Ke$ha has clarified her shocking Tweet saying that she said it out of “emotion and sadness.” But despite everything that has happened she still believes in the song’s message.
-Maria Bonello, 92.3 NOW/New York
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift’s Cat is Keeping Her Awake
- Amy Schumer Parodies Beyoncé’s ‘Formation’ Video
- Tom DeLonge Reacts to Wikileaks Email Dump
- Azealia Banks Says She’s Pressing Charges Against Russell Crowe
- Carson and Cane’s ‘Pissy Pat’ Goes Off On Intern Anthony
- Carson and Cane’s Couple’s Court: ‘Hands In The Cookie Jar’