The singer claims that she misspoke using the word “forced” but admits having prior concerns about those specific lyrics because of her young fan base. Having rewritten the song several times, Ke$ha says the overall message of the song is to live life to its fullest.
Following the tragic event, her single “Die Young” has become the center of controversy with its suggestive dance party hook, “We’re gonna die young.”
The singer Tweeted-then-deleted that she did not want to sing those lyrics, but was “forced” to. She continued to explain that she understood the inappropriateness of her song’s lyrics.
While its airplay has since declined by 11 percent, according to radio tracker Mediabase, Ke$ha has clarified her shocking Tweet saying that she said it out of “emotion and sadness.” But despite everything that has happened she still believes in the song’s message.
-Maria Bonello, 92.3 NOW/New York
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Artists Send Love to London after Parliament Attack
- Drake’s Latest Tattoo is a Portrait of an Iconic R&B Singer
- Rupert Grint Really is Ed Sheeran
- Ed Sheeran Honored by Songwriters Hall Of Fame
- Hell To the No!: NYC is Officially the Most Expensive City in the U.S.
- Nicki Minaj and David Guetta Join Forces again for ‘Light My Body Up’