Richard Marx Talks About His Christmas Duet With Kenny Loggins
Marx told San Diego radio station KyXy that when he was 19, he met Loggins for the first time and the two became instant friends. Though over the years they had written a number of songs together—Marx even produced a track on Loggins’ 2003 album, It’s About Time–the singers had never recorded a proper duet. That is, until now.
On Christmas Spirit, Marx’s first holiday album, the guys join forces for the song, “Let There Be Peace on Earth.” The 1955 song, which focuses on unconditional love, allowed the guys to meld their sweet voices together.
In the studio, Marx said, it was hard for him not to stare in awe at his friend.
“Do I have food on my face?” Loggins asked after one especially long gaze.
Marx said he simply responded, “Dude, you’re Kenny Loggins!”
“We’ve been friends for 25 years or more,” Marx explained. “But in that moment he was no longer my goofy friend.”
Loggins also felt it was a special moment in their friendship, tweeting a photo of the two post duet, in celebration of the momentous occasion.
Kenny Loggins (@kennyloggins) July 03, 2012
Marx said that he’s amazed by how good Loggins still is, calling him “one of the greatest singers on the planet.”
“If I didn’t love him,” he said. “I’d hate him.”
Listen to the Loggins & Marx’s duet, featured on Christmas Spirit, here.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards Reportedly End Engagement
- Zayn Malik Breaks Off Engagement to Perrie Edwards
- Gavin Rossdale May Have Cheated on Gwen Stefani With The Nanny
- Former Real Housewife of Beverly Hills Arrested for Shoplifting Allegedly Living In Her Car
- Lana Del Rey will Release ‘High By The Beach’ Single Next Week
- Taylor Swift Helps Australian Senior Citizens to ‘Shake It Off’