Legendary ‘90s grunge band Alice in Chains has released a new song, “Hollow,” featuring a lyric video that utilizes fan-submitted photos from the social network Instagram.
“Two weeks ago, Alice In Chains began posting the lyrics from their brand new song, ‘Hollow’ to @aliceinchains on Instagram, asking you, the fans to create an image inspired by or featuring a word or phrase from the lyrics,” the band said on its official website. “Fans from around the world took to Instagram, sharing their photo interpretations of each lyrical phrase.”
While the band is now fronted by singer William DuVall after the tragic death of original lead singer Layne Staley, the signature Alice in Chains sound is immediately recognizable in the dropped tuning and dark, menacing tone.
Alice in Chain’s guitarist and leader Jerry Cantrell recently told Guitar World magazine that a new album from the band would be ready for a 2013 release, though he still feels the pressure of maintaining the momentum of the current incarnation of his group.
“It’s like having to deal with the sophomore jinx for the second time in our career,” said in regards to the as-yet-untitled upcoming release, which would be the band’s second with DuVall on vocals.
-Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Puppy Monkey Baby Gets a Remix
- Hailey Baldwin Clarifies Relationship with Justin Bieber
- Meghan Trainor Debuts New Hair Color
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex’s ‘Where Are U Now?” – Behind the Song
- Alley Brooke Talks Next Fifth Harmony Album: ‘It’s Definitely a Step Up’
- Katy Perry on Her Next Album and Watching the GRAMMYs in Her PJs