REWIND: Boy Band Award Snubs
This week on REWIND: Awards Show Edition we zero in on the big scandal of the 55th Annual GRAMMY awards — their One Directionsnub. Directioners are up in arms over the band’s lack of nominations (not even Best New Artist?!?) and they have legitimate reason to be!
Did you know:
• That One Direction’s debut album, released in March 2012, was the first ever #1 debut for a UK artist in the U.S.A.? Even the Beatles didn’t pull that trick off.
• That no boy band has ever won a GRAMMY? That’s right, while some have been nominated there is no hardware from the GRAMMYS in the homes of ‘NSYNC, the Backstreet Boys or New Kids on the Block. Could there be a conspiracy against boy bands at work?
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Ariana Grande Wants You to Drink More WAT-AAH!: See The Photos
- Mary Lambert Does One Mic, One Take Version of ‘So Far Away’ [Premiere]
- Mary J. Blige Turns Up the Dance Floor Heat with New Single, ‘Nobody But You': Listen
- Maroon 5’s ‘Animals’ Video Deemed ‘Dangerous’ by the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network
- Jay Z-Solange Elevator Fight Recreated on ‘Law & Order: SVU’ Episode
- Puff Daddy Raves About Former Girlfriend Jennifer Lopez’s Booty