REWIND: Boy Band Award Snubs
This week on REWIND: Awards Show Edition we zero in on the big scandal of the 55th Annual GRAMMY awards — their One Directionsnub. Directioners are up in arms over the band’s lack of nominations (not even Best New Artist?!?) and they have legitimate reason to be!
Did you know:
• That One Direction’s debut album, released in March 2012, was the first ever #1 debut for a UK artist in the U.S.A.? Even the Beatles didn’t pull that trick off.
• That no boy band has ever won a GRAMMY? That’s right, while some have been nominated there is no hardware from the GRAMMYS in the homes of ‘NSYNC, the Backstreet Boys or New Kids on the Block. Could there be a conspiracy against boy bands at work?
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Patents Lyrics, Including ‘This Sick Beat’
- Would Chris Pratt Make a Good Indiana Jones?
- Kenny G: I’m Partially Responsible for Starbucks’ Frappuccino, You’re Welcome
- “100 Hours Per Week, No Overtime” – Mariah Carey’s Ex-Nanny Speaks Out
- Ella Henderson on Taking Inspiration from Mermaids and Valentino in Style Files
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Added to List of 2015 GRAMMY Performers