Victor Cruz Reaches Out To the Pinto Family of Newtown, CT
New York Giant Victor Cruz is my hero today as The Pinto Family of Newtown, Connecticut bury their beautiful son Jack. After crying so many tears over the weekend for these precious babies; this story made me feel a tiny bit better. Maybe Victor Cruz helped those parents feel better for a minute or two… I know it helped to hear about such a nice gesture.
Jack Pinto, a gorgeous seven-year-old boy who LOVED sports was a huge fan of New York Giants Victor Cruz.
Victor called the family over the weekend to offer his condolences and talked to Jack’s Dad. Then before the Giants game yesterday, he wrote “Jack Pinto MY HERO” on his cleats and wore them during the game as a tribute to Jack and the Pinto Family.
Word is that Victor will visit the family at some point during the week to present his cleats and game jersey to Jack’s Family. The Newtown Police Department is accepting Sympathy Cards, donations etc. on behalf of the families.
My kids and I will be making cards.
Here is the address:
Newtown Police Dept.
3 Main St
Newtown, CT 06470
SANDY HOOK TRAGEDY: Ways to Help Those Affected
- Sandy Hook School Support Fund: Provides support services through United Way’s Western Connecticut chapter. Make out checks to: Sandy Hook School Support Fund c/o Newtown Savings Bank 39 Main St., Newtown CT 06470. Make an online donation HERE.
- Danbury Hospital: Has set up a 24-hour crisis hotline. Donate directly HERE.
- Sandy Hook Elementary School Victims Relief Fund: A former Sandy Hook student has set up a Crowdwise account to raise money for those affected by the shooting. Proceeds will benefit the Sandy Hook PTSA. Donate directly HERE.
- Newtown Memorial Fund: Aims to help families pay for funeral costs. Donations may be send to Newtown Memorial Fund, P.O. Box 596, Botsford, CT 06404.
- Newtown Youth & Family Services: All donations made to the organization will benefit those affected by the shootings. The non-profit will also provide emergency counseling for families, community members and staff involved in the tragedy. Mail checks to Newtown Youth & Family Services, 15 Berkshire Rd. Sandy Hook, CT 06482.
- Emilie Parker Memorial Fund: Family and friends of the Parker family have set up a Facebook page and PayPal account to help pay for the funeral of six-year-old Emilie Parker. Learn more HERE.
- Project Linus: This nonprofit has arranged to send more than 700 handmade blankets to children affected by the shootings. Donate directly HERE.
- American Red Cross: More than 100 Red Cross volunteers have provided more than 400 stuffed animals to children attending Sunday night’s memorial service. The organization is asking supporters to reach out to the Sandy Hook School Support Fund HERE.
- Support the Family of Noah Pozner: Sympathy cards supporting the family of six-year-old victim Noah Pozner may mailed to: Friends of Maddie 1534 North Moorpark Rd., Suite 284, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360.(List via Huffington Post)
–Karen Carson, Fresh 102.7
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Impact: Kelly Clarkson Returns to Pop on ‘Piece By Piece’
- People on Twitter Really Don’t Want to Hear House of Cards Spoilers
- Kelly Clarkson Says Her Husband Is the Only Person She’s Ever Truly Loved
- Kid Rock Is Being Attacked By Bees
- Missy Elliott, Pharrell Working on New Music
- 5 Songs That Leonard Nimoy Sang Like a Boss