Frank Ocean’s Favorite Albums This Year, GRAMMY Reaction
Frank Ocean, the six-time GRAMMY nominee, recently explained what it’s like to be honored by his peers. But the Channel Orange singer also offered a list of artists he thought rose above the fray this year.
When he was asked about the GRAMMY nods for his debut set, Channel Orange, Ocean explained why it was a big deal to him.
“Of course awards matter,” he told the Guardian. “It’s like a player in any ball league – NFL, NBA, whatever – you come up in these systems of organization, and you can hate the league but, at the end of the day, you can’t hate the championship…The GRAMMYS are like the championship, and that’s cool. It’s cool to be recognized by your peers
[Check out what Ne-Yo says about Ocean's big waves]
As CBS Local recently reported, Ocean is among the standout artists in a six-way tie for most GRAMMY nominations, which were announced at the GRAMMY Nominations Concert — LIVE!! hosted by Taylor Swift and LL Cool J on December 6.
But Ocean recently shed a little light on the artists he recognized as exceptional this year.
“I thought Norah Jones made a really good record,” he said. “I thought Kendrick Lamar made a cool record. I thought John Mayer made a really good record. Speaking of new records, you know who needs to make a new album? I think Fleetwood Mac needs to make a new album. I think so. I think they do.”
Ocean may soon get his wish as Fleetwood Mac recently announced they would be embarking on their first major tour in three years in 2013.
See who wins what at the 55th GRAMMY Awards on February 10 (8/7 c) on CBS.
–Erik Parker, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Wants Her Belly Button to Remain a ‘Mystery’
- Interview: Charli XCX on ‘Sucker,’ Working with Weezer and Chilling at the White House
- Beyoncé’s New Song ‘Ring Off’ Is a Tribute to Her Mom
- Metallica Unleash ‘Enter Sandman’ on Fourth Night of ‘Late Late Show’ Residency: Watch
- Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson Do Everything Wrong in ‘SNL’ Teaser: Watch
- One Direction Sit Down With ‘Ellen’ To Talk Taylor Swift, Bad Disguises & Weddings