Don’t just decorate like the Obama’s this holiday season; eat like them too.
These Ginger Crinkle cookies, courtesy of the White House Pastry Kitchen, are a perfect holiday treat for the whole family.
We hear Santa’s pretty fond of them too.
For this recipe, which makes 30-36 cookies, you’ll need:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp dried ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (for dipping)
- 8 oz. (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
First, preheat your oven to 350°.
Then beat the butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl until creamy.
Add the two eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
After, add the molasses and the fresh ginger.
Take a small mixing bowl and add the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon, and salt.
Now you can add the flour mixture to the large mixing bowl, and stir until combined.
Using a small spoon to scoop cookies into small balls, dip the top of the dough in 1/4 cup of granulated sugar. Then place the sugar-covered dough on parchment-lined baking sheet sugar side up.
Bake the cookies for 12 minutes. If you’re someone who likes their cookies a little chewier, cook for less time.
After removing the cookies from the oven let them cool for two minutes.
Now eat them up or leave them out for the big man on Christmas night.
What are some of your favorite holiday recipes?
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Exclusive: Selena Gomez Denies Collaborating with The Weeknd on New Music
- Ariana Grande Posts Heartfelt Letter to Bombing Victims, Plans Benefit Concert
- Hanson’s Kids Star in Adorable ‘I Was Born’ Video
- #TeamTooMuch: You’ll Never Believe Mariah Carey’s Diva Demands On The Set Of Her New Film!
- ‘Despacito’ Beat Works on Every Pop Song. Here’s Proof.
- Actor Playing Michael Jackson in New Movie Responds to Criticism