Britney Spears Tops Forbes’ Highest-Earning Women In Music List
It’s a good year to be Britney Spears!
The pop star won’t have any problems buying Christmas presents for all her friends and family because according to Forbes magazine, she is the top-earning female musician of 2012.
Taylor Swift follows closely behind with $57 million. Most of her earnings come from touring. Forbes estimates she grossed $1 million per night. GRAMMY nominee Swift also has major deals with Cover Girl and Sony. Expect her to add upon this with sales from her latest album Red, which was the highest debut of any artist thus far in 2012.
Rihanna came in third place with a respectable $53 million. Forbes says RiRi’s fortune comes from her non-stop touring, string of massive hit songs, Reb’l Fleur perfume, and endorsements with Vita Coco and Nivea.
-Sarah Carroll, 97.1 AMP Radio/Los Angeles
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Impact: Kelly Clarkson Returns to Pop on ‘Piece By Piece’
- People on Twitter Really Don’t Want to Hear House of Cards Spoilers
- Kelly Clarkson Says Her Husband Is the Only Person She’s Ever Truly Loved
- Kid Rock Is Being Attacked By Bees
- Missy Elliott, Pharrell Working on New Music
- 5 Songs That Leonard Nimoy Sang Like a Boss