Andy Grammer’s Favorite Christmas Present
We all have that present from our childhood that we obsessed over. Some of us didn’t get our dream toy. Andy Grammer did.
In an interview backstage at Alice in Winterland in San Francisco, Andy Grammer talked about his favorite Christmas present from his childhood. “I think the one that I loved the most was the Ghostbusters Trap.” Grammer exclaimed, “Remember that? Ghostbusters pack and then the trap was a big deal.”
Andy took a page out of the classic holiday film, A Christmas Story and obsessed about the getting the gift. Unlike the hapless Ralphie and his quest for a Red Ryder BB Gun, Andy’s diligence paid off. “I told everyone I wanted it and then I got it. It was awesome.”
How did the classic toy from Kenner based on the Eighties film work? Grammer commented, “I forget how exactly it all went down. I don’t want to lie. I don’t want to make up a big farce.”
Listen to the full interview over at Alice@97.3/San Francisco.
Andy’s debut album Andy Grammer is out now on S-Curve Records.
Find tour dates and more at andygrammer.com
– Bradford Hornsby, Alice@97.3/San Francisco
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- American Authors Take Us Behind The Scenes Of “Best Day Of My Life”
- Watch Arcade Fire Cover Stevie Wonder’s ‘Uptight (Everything’s Alright)’
- Breaking Down Music’s Top 40 Money Makers: The Richest, The Youngest, The Boy Band-iest
- Coldplay Play New Song ‘Always In My Head’ at SXSW
- Justin Bieber’s DUI Trial Delayed to May 5
- When In Minneapolis: Arcade Fire Cover Prince