The Lumineers Shocked By GRAMMY Nominations: “People Like Us!”
The Lumineers recently received two GRAMMY nominations, as Best New Artist and Best Americana Album. Before their set at KROQ’s Almost Acoustic Christmas they revealed that they didn’t see the recognition coming.
“It’s like every other week, you know what I mean?” Wesley Schultz joked.
When they got the call to attend the GRAMMY nominations concert they never thought they had a shot to be nominated. But there must have been clues at some point during the concert.
“Only because there was a camera in front of where we were sitting right before they announced the Best New Artist nominations,” Neyla Pekarek admitted. “Are you guys the Lumineers? One, two, three? Great. Great. Here we go!”
Bandmate Jeremiah Fraites is still shocked.
“We had no idea. We found out we were going two days before we even went,” he admitted.
Meanwhile, Wesley recalled the days no one knew who they were.
“We’ve played in front of rooms where nobody knows us. It’s only up until recently that we’ve played for people who know anything about us,” he said.
The Lumineers have come a long way. With their single “Ho Hey” becoming a radio hit, two GRAMMY nominations only add to their popularity.
“Somebody liked us. People like us.” Wesley said.
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Gavin James Started From The Pubs In Dublin, Now He’s Here
- Jason Bateman Narrates ‘A LEGO Brickumentary’—Coming to Theaters in July
- ‘Stand by Me': Through the Years, from Ben E. King to Imagine Dragons
- Idina Menzel & James Corden Decided to Do ‘(I’ve Had) The Time of My Life’ & It Was Beautiful: Watch
- Adam Lambert’s ‘Ghost Town’ Gets TV Debut on ‘Ellen': Watch
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde All the Way to Her Eyebrows for ‘Wonderland': See the Cover