Right before No Doubt graced the stage on night two of the 23rd Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas, the surprise guests sat down to talk about the downside of sharing a dressing room. Especially when one of the members isn’t feeling so fresh.
Usually the four bandmates are able to have their own space, but in the name of Christmas, Gwen and the guys offered to share one dressing room. Naturally, they chose Gwen’s artfully decorated lair, but the close quarters were causing some problems for the usually agreeable band.
“We usually don’t have to talk,” Tony Kanal joked. “This is bad. We’ve been fighting the whole day.”
To make matters worse, Gwen noted that a certain drummer’s sickness was making things especially rough.
“Adrian looks like he smells good,” she said. “But when you get close wooo.”
Someone who we imagine actually does smell good is Gwen’s hubby, Gavin Rossdale.
The couple, who’ve been married since 2002, first met on the Acoustic Christmas stage 17 years ago and shared a special duet to “Glycerine” during Bush’s set on night one.
Gwen said the show became a family affair when she brought her 6-year-old son Kingston backstage to see where his mom and dad first laid eyes on each other.
“I brought him to the dressing room,” Gwen explained. “And said, ‘This is where I first met your dad and got shot with an arrow.'”
Watch the band talk about their first Almost Acoustic Christmas experience way back in 1995 and what No Doubt has in store for 2013. Click here for the video.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Nicki Minaj Says She Hasn’t Done the Nasty with Nas, Yet
- Classic Elton John Songs Get Reimagined Music Videos
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 5 Songs You’ll Need For Summer 2017
- Can Emojis Really Save Your Relationship? Karen & Jeffrey Weigh In
- Ariana Grande Reps Release Statement on Manchester Concert Bombing
- Katy Perry Explains History of Taylor Swift Beef: ‘Like, She Started It’