‘Glee’ Gets Into The Holiday Spirit ‘Love, Actually’ Style
In homage to Love, Actually the McKinley High gang come together to sing a few classic Christmas carols.
This week’s episode, withe inspired title of “Glee, Actually,” previews their newest holiday record, Glee: The Music, Christmas Album Volume 3, and shines a little light on Kurt, Sam, Brittany, Artie and the rest of New Directions as they get ready for the impending holiday.
Jake and Puck are sharing some brotherly love as they celebrate Hanukkah. Their rendition of Barenaked Ladies “Hanukkah, Oh Hanukkah” is perfect for some dreidel spinning.
Brittany and Sam are trying to live to the fullest before the Apocalypse happens and seems he’s singing to fill some time. His version of “Jingle Bell Rock” is a guitar-driven rocker, complete with some cutesy girl back-up vocals.
Artie is going all It’s A Wonderful Life on us with a dream that changes his outlook on his life. His fast-paced bilingual version of “Feliz Navidad” makes us think he decides it’s totally worth living.
And Kurt is gearing up for a very good holiday with some help from Blaine, who arrives in New York ready to ice skate. Their duet to “White Christmas” speeds things up a little, but manages to retain the sugary sweetness of the classic.
Of course, all these stories come together (à la Love Actually) for one very merry Glee episode.
Not in the mood just yet? Just listen to New Directions take on Judy Garland’s version of “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” and you’ll get there.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- What Is Mariah Carey Working on with Justin Bieber and French Montana?
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 4 Musicians You Will Instantly Fall In Love With After One Listen
- Win Passes To The World Premiere of “The Man From U.N.CL.E.”
- Be in Pharrell’s Next Music Video, We’ll Tell You How
- Smokey Robinson to be Honored By Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Duran Duran’s Simon Le Bon Reveals the Glue That Kept ‘Paper Gods’ Together