Barbra Streisand may be promoting her new movie, The Guilt Trip, due out December 19, but it seems she has another project on her mind.
The singer told TIME that she would like to see Lady Gaga star in her remake of the Broadway musical Gypsy as famous striptease artist Gypsy Rose Lee. Doesn’t seem like much of a stretch for Mother Monster does it?
Babs will not only direct the film, but will also star as Gaga’s mom, taking on the role of Rose, the ultimate stage mother.
Downton Abbey creator and writer Julian Fellowes will write the film, which has no release date as of yet.
In the interview, Barbra also revealed that she wakes up at 6:25 am every morning so she can start trading stocks when the markets first open. Her work attire? Her nightgown of course.
And as for getting into a car with Barbra (Seth Rogen has this honor in The Guilt Trip), don’t expect her to be the one who takes the wheel. The legend admits she hasn’t driven since the ‘90s after one particular incident.
“I was driving one day, and I found myself driving up the off-ramp of a highway,” she explained.
We’re pretty sure that’s what chauffeurs are for.
Read the rest of the article with Barbra here.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ Trailer Takes on George Michael’s ‘Freedom ’90’
- Watch Chester Bennington Sing About Unicorns and Lollipops
- Wiz Khalifa Pays Tribute to Chester Bennington
- Kelly Clarkson Fires Back at Trump Over NFL Comments
- Beyoncé and JAY-Z Buy $26 Million Hamptons Mansion
- Dave Matthews Band’s Boyd Tinsley Reflects On Concert For Charlottesville