Adele may have earned six GRAMMY statues at the 2012 awards ceremony, but in 2013 she could possibly win an Oscar.
With her song “Skyfall,” featured in the latest Bond movie of the same name, she made the (not-so) shortlist of nominees for this year’s Best Original Songs category.
The list, which features 75 artists who wrote or performed an original song from a movie released in 2012, includes Katy Perry’s “Wide Awake” from her 3-D concert film, Part of Me, the R. Kelly penned “One Wing” featuring Jordin Sparks from Sparkle and Christina Aguilera’s latin-inspired track “Casa De Mi Padre” from the Will Ferrell movie of the same name.
Other artists vying for a nomination include Mumford and Sons for Brave, Bon Jovi for Stand Up Guys, John Legend for Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained, Arcade Fire for The Hunger Games and Neil Finn for “Song of the Lonely Mountain” from The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.
We’ll see who makes the final list when the 85th Academy Awards nominations are announced on January 10.
Watch the big awards show, hosted by Seth MacFarlane, on Sunday, February 24.
Go here for a full list of the possible nominees.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- The Chainsmokers Announce ‘Collage’ EP
- Janet Jackson’s ‘Nasty’ Sees Big Bump after Donald Trump’s Debate Comment
- RZA Slams Azealia Banks Over Russell Crowe Incident
- Nicki Minaj Trolls Donald Trump Over ‘Bad Hombres’ Comment
- Amber Rose on ‘Dancing’ Co-Star Ryan Lochte: ‘He Made a Mistake and He Paid for It’
- Lady Gaga Responds to Another ‘Perfect Illusion’ Hater