Depeche Mode ‘Very Happy’ With New Album, Signs To Columbia
British electronic music legends Depeche Mode continue to map out their highly anticipated comeback, announcing that the band’s still-untitled 13th album will be released on Columbia Records, with an anticipated release date sometime in March 2013.
“I am very happy with how the album turned out,” said the band’s main songwriter Martin Gore in a press release. “The music has a similar vibe to Violator and Songs of Faith and Devotion and I think the songs on the album are among some of the very best we’ve done,” he added, referencing both a DM fan favorite in 1990 release Violator and the band’s enormously successful and more rock-oriented 1993 follow-up.
“The album has a very organic and direct feel to it. It’s not a blues record, but it definitely has a soulful vibe,” surmised Depeche Mode frontman Dave Gahan. “During the recording process we really tried to get the elements of performing and the live show into the album more.” On October 23, the band held a press conference in Paris to announce the tour in broad strokes. During the conference they played a video accompanied by a new and as yet untitled track.
Depeche Mode has also revealed that their 2013 world tour will kick off on May 7 in Tel Aviv at Hayarkon Park. The band will perform 34 shows in 25 European countries, and are expected to hit North American shores later on in the year.
-Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Avicii: EDM’s Star Takes a Rock Approach to His New Album
- Justin Bieber’s new album is called…
- Watch Little Mix go to Prom in their ‘Love Me Like You’ Video
- Lady Gaga Covers ‘I Want Your Love,’ Strips Down for Tom Ford Fashion Promo
- #OnTheList with Xtine: Fresh Fall Fest Playlist Wishlist with Duran Duran, Adam Lambert + More
- Ellie Goulding Is Crazy Rich But She Lives Like A Broke Post Collegiate Millenial