Phoenix Set To Release New Album In 2013
After simmering for years as critical darlings, French pop-rockers Phoenix broke out in a big way with the release of their fourth studio album, 2009 release Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix. Featuring hit singles “1901” and “Lisztomania,” it went on to snag the GRAMMY for Best Alternative Music Album in 2010.
During last week’s Spotify press conference, Daniel Glass, CEO of Phoenix’s label Glassnote Records, announced that the band’s much-anticipated fifth album is ready and set for an April 2013 release.
According to Rolling Stone, Glass stated that he’d spoken to the band by phone from France, and they let him know the still-untitled album was finished.
Phoenix followed the announcement with one of their own, via the band’s Twitter account.
Phoenix (@wearephoenix) December 07, 2012
“We always spend like a couple of months trying to find the right place – it’s always a long process until you have found the right frequency when you can feel detached enough from the world to be in this state of mind,” the band’s guitarist Laurent Brancowitz told Dummy back in 2010. “We have always had to be in this state of mind, usually it’s a very rough place, somewhere like a simple room with a chair, nothing else to do. It takes a long time to dive deep enough.”
–Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Style Files: Selena Gomez Launches ‘Rock Chic’ Adidas NEO Summer Collection
- Major Lazer Teams Up with Pharrell and an ‘Aerosol Can’
- Prince, Warner Bros. Announce Partnership, ‘Purple Rain’ Reissue
- Austin Mahone Drops ‘Till I Find You,’ New Album Track Listing
- One Direction Morph Into Each Other For ‘You & I’ Video
- Raves Are For Kids: NYC Clubs Cater to the 12-and-Under Set