Chatting with KROQ morning show hosts Kevin and Bean backstage at this year’s Almost Acoustic Christmas concert, Passion Pit frontman Michael Angelakos commented on the band’s upcoming show headlining at New York’s prestigious Madison Square Garden, admitting that’s been a longtime aspiration for the act.
“It’s amazing, because it’s very close to being sold out. There aren’t really words for that kind of thing,” Angelakos said about the February 8 show at MSG, which is part of the band’s national tour with Brooklyn indie dance punks Matt & Kim. “When it was even mentioned, we were like, ‘if we did that, it would be ridiculous.’ And we’re talking about it right now.
“The Hollywood Bowl is the same thing,” Angelakos added in regards to a date at the venerable Los Angeles venue this past summer on the band’s tour in support of their most recent album, Gossamer, featuring the hit “Take A Walk.” “We did Hollywood Bowl with Hot Chip, and that was another huge milestone for us.”
Passion Pit and Matt & Kim continue to add dates to their 2013 joint tour, most recently tacking on a show at the Houston Field House on the campus of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY, on February 11.
-Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Win Tickets To See X-Ambassadors & Muse In Concert
- This Week On FM Magazine: Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater
- Cyber Monday Music Deals—From Taylor Swift to Queen, Save on CDs
- Adam Lambert Counters Anti-Gay Petition
- Listen to Sia’s New Track ‘One Million Bullets’
- The Rockettes In Studio with Carson and Cane