Passion Pit On Headlining Madison Square Garden: “There Aren’t Really Words For That Kind Of Thing”
Chatting with KROQ morning show hosts Kevin and Bean backstage at this year’s Almost Acoustic Christmas concert, Passion Pit frontman Michael Angelakos commented on the band’s upcoming show headlining at New York’s prestigious Madison Square Garden, admitting that’s been a longtime aspiration for the act.
“It’s amazing, because it’s very close to being sold out. There aren’t really words for that kind of thing,” Angelakos said about the February 8 show at MSG, which is part of the band’s national tour with Brooklyn indie dance punks Matt & Kim. “When it was even mentioned, we were like, ‘if we did that, it would be ridiculous.’ And we’re talking about it right now.
“The Hollywood Bowl is the same thing,” Angelakos added in regards to a date at the venerable Los Angeles venue this past summer on the band’s tour in support of their most recent album, Gossamer, featuring the hit “Take A Walk.” “We did Hollywood Bowl with Hot Chip, and that was another huge milestone for us.”
Passion Pit and Matt & Kim continue to add dates to their 2013 joint tour, most recently tacking on a show at the Houston Field House on the campus of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY, on February 11.
-Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bono Calls U2’s Surprise iTunes Album Release ‘Punk Rock': ‘Annoy People and Get in Their Faces’
- Prince Releases New Song ‘Funknroll': Listen
- This Week On FM Magazine: Gilda’s Club Northern New Jersey
- Related Questions: Ne-Yo – ‘She Knows’
- Blake Shelton & Gwen Stefani Lip Sync Battle Jimmy Fallon with ‘Endless Love': Watch
- Iggy Azalea Sues Ex-Boyfriend for Leaking Unreleased Music