The superstar, who first served as a Pepsi spokesperson in 2002, has been anointed the brand’s ambassador. She will not only star in a new “Live For Now” TV spot–her fifth commercial with the soda company premiers after this year’s Super Bowl, where she is headlining the halftime show–but cardboard cutouts of Bey will be featured in supermarkets all around the world.
Beyoncé’s image will also be featured on a limited edition can that will premier in Europe in March 2013. The singer plans to help the company with future designs of cans and bottles, along with additional side projects like music videos and photo shoots to promote the brand.
This is not the first time a music superstar has aligned themselves with a big name brand. Lady Gaga was named Creative Director in 2010 for Polaroid and Bey’s hubby, Jay-Z joined with Microsoft to promote his 2010 memoir, Decoded.
But with Christmas only two weeks away, we think she should put this promo money to good use.
She could add the money to her baby girl, Blue Ivy’s future college fund or invest in a luxury Tribeca loft for the little tot. Never too soon to get into real estate, we say.
For the man who has everything, we suggest she buys Jay the digital sweater, designed by fellow rapper Sean “P Diddy” Combs. The sleeve of the fleece pullover features a 2.8 inch HD screen that plays your favorite video content while you walk around. We suggest he literally wears his heart on his sleeve by playing some of his favorite Beyoncé videos.
What do you think Bey should do with the $50 million dollars?
-Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Kelly Clarkson to Appear on TVs’ ‘Nashville’
- Mystery Man Lamar Odom, Ellen’s Marriage Is Fine & Bruce Willis Got Punched: It’s the Hollywood Hotsheet!
- Austin Mahone Drops Dancetastic Video for ‘Banga! Banga!’
- Willie Nelson Teams Up with Harry Connick Jr. on Holiday Track ‘When I’m Home’
- GRAMMY Gourmet: Josh Homme On His Kinship With Anthony Bourdain
- Jim & Kim’s 12 Days Of Christmas Toys: Barbie Digital Makeover Mirror