Stevie Wonder Gives Back With Annual Christmas Concert, Teases New Holiday Music
Stevie Wonder is spreading a little holiday cheer to children in need this Christmas.
With his 17th Annual House Full of Toys concert, taking place in L.A. on December 15, Stevie Wonder recruits some of his favorite new artists for a night filled with music and giving. Each member of the audience is asked to bring a gift that will be donated to families who are struggling.
Stevie told 94.7 The Wave that the idea for his annual holiday concert started when he was just a little boy.
“House Full of Toys…really came from when I was ten years old,” he explained. “You know, then we didn’t have anything, and I said ‘If someday I became famous…I would do this show and call it House Full of Toys. It would be a house full of toys for all the kids all over the world who didn’t have any toys for Christmas.’”
Adding, “It’s been a blessing that we’ve been able to do it.”
Growing up, Stevie says, he used to pray that his family would just able to get a washing machine and now is happy that his legendary status allows him to give back.
Next year for Christmas, Stevie even hints that he may treat fans to a new holiday album, the long awaited follow-up to his 1967 record, Someday At Christmas, featuring “What Christmas Means To Me.”
Go here to listen to Stevie’s full interview with 94.7 The Wave and his rendition of the holiday classic, “The Christmas Song.”
For more information on the 17th Annual House Full of Toys concert, featuring Bruno Mars and others, visit nokiatheatrelalive.com.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Australians Constructing 68-Story Tower Dedicated to Beyoncé
- Stream ‘Nina Revisited… A Tribute to Nina Simone’ Featuring Lauryn Hill, Usher & More
- Can Women Be Beautiful and Funny? Hollywood Execs Still Not Sure
- Alison Brie Trying Salt N Pepa’s ‘Shoop’ on ‘Lip Sync Battle’ Is the Whitest Thing: Watch
- Kanye West Is the Only Feature on the Weeknd’s New Album, Says Ed Sheeran
- Britney Spears Recreating the ‘Oops I Did It Again’ Cover with Her Sons Will Make You Feel Old