Imagine Dragons On Rock Dominating The GRAMMYs
In an exclusive interview with CBS Local, Las Vegas breakout band Imagine Dragons were excited to discuss the just-announced 55TH Annual GRAMMY nominations, especially in light of the deluge of rock artists in the major categories.
“I think that all of us were pretty excited seeing that fun. was up for quite a few things,” enthused the band’s lead singer, Dan Reynolds. “I think that album is really great. Also Frank Ocean. I’m a big Frank Ocean fan, so I was happy to see that he got the nods,” he continued, also shouting out Jack White’s Blunderbuss for being nominated for Album of the Year.
“I think it was cool overall to see how many alternative artists are getting the head nod from the GRAMMYS,” added guitarist Wayne Sermon. “It’s a cool time to be an alternative artist. It’s nice that we’re getting more and more recognition from the Academy, not that it matters, I guess.”
“It’s good to see that rock is being revived,” Reynolds surmised. “The days of Nirvana are coming about again, I think.”
Imagine Dragons, who are looking ahead to a very busy 2013, are set to rock the house at the extremely sold out KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas on Night 2 alongside the likes of fun., Jack White, Passion Pit, M83 and the Killers. The shows will be webcast Monday, December 10 (Night 1) and Tuesday, December 11 (Night 2), starting at 10am PT/1 pm ET.
–Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Why Is No One Illegally Downloading Taylor Swift?
- Taylor Swift is Done with Public Feuds
- Watch Pitbull and Jussie Smollett’s ‘Empire Cast’ Video for ‘No Doubt About It’
- Rihanna’s ‘Anti’ Album Poetry Translated From Braille for All to See
- Selena Gomez Reveals Shocking News about Her Health: ‘I’ve Been Through Chemotherapy’
- Preview Every Track from Selena Gomez’s ‘Revival’