Ellen Grossman’s Ride On The R Train Made Her Famous, Thanks To Jay-Z!
I ride the subway all the time and have yet to see someone famous. But I have seen pictures of Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise snuggling on the N Train, Keanu Reeves giving up his seat on the 1 Train and Mayor Bloomberg headed to City Hall with all the other straphangers.
But it was Jay-Z‘s trek on the R Train with a camera crew in tow on his way to his final performance at the Barclay’s Center that turned Ellen Grossman’s life upside down.
Ellen is a 67-year-old artist, and until Jay-Z got onto the subway with his posse, she had no idea who he was. She was just being nice by scooting over to give the guy with all the hangers-on a seat.
At first she thought it was a flash mob, but then she asked him if he was famous. “I make music,” Jay-Z explains.
Although she is surprised by the rapper’s choice in transportation and tells him that she’s proud of him, Ellen is not captivated by Jov’s charm.
“I don’t think Jay-Z is humble, but he’s genuine. He knows who he is. He has a great sense of himself,” said Ellen.
Ellen is no stranger to celebrity encounters. Years ago she has even chit-chatted with television talk show host and comedian Dick Cavett.
“About 30-years ago, I was sitting next to Dick Cavett. We were having a great conversation until I realized. I didn’t recognize him either until everybody else at the lunch counter had fallen silent and were staring at us. And then I became tongue tired,” she said.
With her uncanny knack for celebrities spottings, who knows who Ellen will exchange words with next.
“I am careful with my make-up, just in case any celebrities come up to me,” said Ellen jokingly.
Watch Ellen Grossman’s brief convo with Jay-Z :
-Kim Berk & Maria Bonello, Fresh 102.2/NYC
Contact the Jim & Kim Show:
- Email Producer Craig at: firstname.lastname@example.org †>
- Give Jim Douglas Golf Tips at: email@example.com >
- Wake Up Kim Berk at 3am at: firstname.lastname@example.org >
- ‘Like’ Jim & Kim On Facebook >
- Bios: Get To Know Jim & Kim†and Craig Too >
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- George Harrison, Bee Gees to Receive GRAMMY Lifetime Achievement Awards
- An Animated Questlove Chases Patti LaBelle and Fried Chicken: Watch
- Watch Stephen Colbert Attempt to Sell Michael Stipe at a Yard Sale
- University of Pennsylvania Frat Suspended for Holiday Card with Beyoncé Sex Doll
- Calvin Harris Lands Spring Emporio Armani Campaign