PSY has been taking over America with his surprise smash hit “Gangnam Style” but there’s new information on the South Korean pop star that will soon change his popularity among U.S. fans.
It turns out PSY has been involved in several anti-American protest performances. According to Mediaite.com he smashed a model U.S. tank while onstage in 2002 to oppose 37,000 U.S. troops that descended on the Korean Peninsula.
A few years later, PSY cursed Americans after a South Korean missionary was executed. His song “Dear American” sets the record straight.
“Kill those f***ing Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives/Kill those f***ing Yankees who ordered them to torture/Kill their daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law and fathers/Kill them all slowly and painfully,” he raps.
PSY is slated to perform for President Obama for a Christmas In Washington special to air on TNT Friday, December 21. As a result, a petition to rescind his invitation has been created by outraged Americans for his anti-American song lyrics.
Looks like PSY’s 15-minutes of fame are just about over.
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Get An Exclusive Download of Stone Temple Pilots With Chester Bennington
- Take A Tour Of Michael Jackson’s Estate This Sunday On ’60 Minutes’
- Report: Beyonce And Jay-Z Expecting Second Child
- George Michael Injured In Car Crash
- Candice Glover Crowned New ‘American Idol’ As Finale Ratings Hit All-Time Low
- Justin Bieber Owes Germany Thousands For Monkey Day Care