fun., Kelly Clarkson & Adele Earn GRAMMY Noms
The GRAMMY nominations have been announced and fun. definitely has a few reasons to celebrate.
For the 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards, fun. managed to earn themselves six nominations in some of the awards biggest categories including Record Of The Year, Song Of The Year and Album of the Year, along with noms for Best Pop Vocal Album and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. The band is also up for Best New Artist alongside the rock band Alabama Shakes, country singer Hunter Hayes, folk trio The Lumineers and R&B singer Frank Ocean.
Kelly Clarkson earned four nominations for her album Stronger including Record of the Year, Song of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance for her song “Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You).” In the category of Best Pop Vocal Album, Kelly has some steep competition in the likes of fun., Florence & The Machine, Maroon 5 and Pink.
Carly Rae Jepsen did not get a Best New Artist nomination (Snub of the year?), but she did earn herself two nominations for “Call Me Maybe” including Song Of The Year and Best Pop Solo Performance, which puts her up against some of the biggest ladies in music like Kelly Clarkson, Katy Perry, Rihanna and Adele. The big winner of last year’s GRAMMYs was nominated for her live performance of “Set Fire To The Rain” from her Live At The Albert Hall release.
Although Taylor Swift’s latest album Red was released after the GRAMMY cut-off date of September 30 and could not be nominated this year, the starlet managed to squeeze in a nom for Record Of The Year with her first single “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.” She also earned two nominations for her song “Safe & Sound,” which was featured on The Hunger Games soundtrack.
For a full list of the nominees go here.
Watch to find out who wins February 10 on CBS.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Interview: Usher Talks ‘UR Experience’ Tour, ‘Hands of Stone,’ Bieber and Strippers
- Taylor Swift Says She Was ‘Never Taught the Definition of Feminism’ as a Little Girl, Wishes She Had Been
- This Taylor Swift/Beyoncé Mashup Will Change Your Life
- The Rolling Stones Releasing New Photo Book With Sticker Shock-Inducing Price Tag
- Elton John to LGBT Communities Regarding HIV/AIDS: ‘Wise Up’
- Taylor Swift on Why ‘1989’ Song ‘How You Get the Girl’ Could Result in a Restraining Order: Watch