Sold! Gaga Buys MJ’s Jacket, Madonna’s Bras Go For $52K
This year, Christmas came early for Lady Gaga.
The pop star recently spent hundreds of thousands of dollars at an auction where she picked up 55 items once owned by Michael Jackson.
The items Gaga purchased over the weekend included original costumes like the jacket he wore during the Bad tour. She paid $240,000 dollars for the iconic piece, Rolling Stone reports.
Other notable gets included two of Michael’s crystal-encrusted gloves, with them selling for more than $100,000 each. No word yet on whether the gloves were another Gaga buy.
Though Mother Monster has not said what she plans to do with the iconic items, she assured MJ fans that his belongings had found a good home.
The 55 pieces I collected today will be archived & expertly cared for in the spirit & love of Michael Jackson, his bravery, & fans worldwide—
Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) December 03, 2012
Both looks were designed by Jean Paul Gaultier and worn by the Material Girl on her 1990 Blond Ambition tour. A candy striped embroidered bra with sequins was bought by an unnamed buyer for around $52,000. The same buyer also spent approximately $26,000 on a two-piece bustier outfit with the conical cups.
The corsets were originally only expected to fetch between $16,000 and $24,000.
(Blonde Ambition Tour Tokyo, Japan by Frank Micelotta/Getty Images/Christie’s Auction Hous by JUSTIN TALLIS/AFP/Getty Images)
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 2013: The Year In Music News
- Mariah Carey Blasted for $1 Million Concert in Angola
- New Music to Know: A Great Big World ‘Say Something’ With Help from Christina Aguilera
- Travie McCoy On The NFL: ‘It Was Embedded In Me To Be A New York Giants Fan’
- Aretha Franklin to Cover Barbra Streisand, Donna Summer on New Album
- Inside This Week’s ‘Secret’ Beatles and Beach Boys Releases