Kris Allen Shares His Favorite Christmas Memory
Kris Allen’s parents are amazing gift givers.
As a kid, the singer told CBS Local, that they encouraged his love of music by leaving bright and shiny new instruments for him under the Christmas tree. They gave him his first guitar when he was just a little kid and later, after mastering a few different chords, they bought him his first guitar pedal.
But one year, his parents managed to give him and his younger brother, Daniel, the best gift they would ever receive.
The American Idol winner’s mom and dad sent him and Daniel on a wild goose chase, finding clues around the house that would lead them to their special present.
Looking back, Kris says, the hour-long maze wasn’t actually that fun.
“You know, when you’re a kid, you want to get the present,” he said.
But finding the gift, a brand new basketball hoop in his front yard, made it all worth it.
“[My dad] had put the basketball goal in the ground over night,” he said “And we were stoked about it.”
But Kris wasn’t the only one excited about his new toy.
“We were the only basketball court on the street,” he said. “So it was pretty cool.”
Watch Kris tell his Christmas story below.
What was the best holiday gift you’ve ever received?
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Jay Z & Beyonce Outbid for L.A. Mansion By the Minecraft Guy
- 2014 In Review: Weddings, Deaths & Final Acts
- 7 Lawsuits Filed Against South by Southwest After Deadly Car Crash
- Are You Ready for Beyoncé’s Christmas Card?
- Amy Adams Hangs Some Mistletoe in Front of One Direction in ‘SNL’ Promo: Watch
- Watch Stephen Colbert’s All-Star Goodbye to ‘The Colbert Report’