After a young fan from Sea Bright, NJ posted a video about the devastation Sandy caused in her hometown, the members of Train knew they had to help.
Charlotte Nagy’s self-made documentary chronicles the affects of the storm on her little seaside town, which left many homeless. After seeing the 15-year-old’s video, which uses Train’s song “Brick By Brick,” Pat Monahan and the guys set up a benefit show specifically for the first responders and residents of Sea Bright.
“The devastation of Sandy was so tremendous it was almost incomprehensible,” Monahan said in a statement. “The band and I felt strongly about doing something to help, so when our fan and friend Charlotte Nagy sent us her video of Sandy’s effects on her town, the decision to come to aide Sea Bright was obvious.”
The intimate show will take place at the local firehouse on December 5. All proceeds from the performance will aid Sea Bright Rising, a non-profit devoted to the relief of the displaced and the general recovery of the town.
Train’s performance will air Christmas Day on VH1 as part of the special, Christmas in Sea Bright.
The band is urging fans to help by going here to donate.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and More Turn Up for Drake’s Birthday
- Justin Bieber Is Scolding Screaming Fans… Again!
- The Chainsmokers Get ‘Closer’ with Halsey in New Video
- Listen to Pharrell’s Sultry New Track ‘Runnin’
- Carson and Cane’s Couple’s Court: ‘My Dating Life Isn’t Your Next Film Script’
- DJ Khaled Snapchats Birth of Son, Blasts His Music in Delivery Room