Train Gives Back To New Jersey Fan Affected By Sandy
After a young fan from Sea Bright, NJ posted a video about the devastation Sandy caused in her hometown, the members of Train knew they had to help.
Charlotte Nagy’s self-made documentary chronicles the affects of the storm on her little seaside town, which left many homeless. After seeing the 15-year-old’s video, which uses Train’s song “Brick By Brick,” Pat Monahan and the guys set up a benefit show specifically for the first responders and residents of Sea Bright.
“The devastation of Sandy was so tremendous it was almost incomprehensible,” Monahan said in a statement. “The band and I felt strongly about doing something to help, so when our fan and friend Charlotte Nagy sent us her video of Sandy’s effects on her town, the decision to come to aide Sea Bright was obvious.”
The intimate show will take place at the local firehouse on December 5. All proceeds from the performance will aid Sea Bright Rising, a non-profit devoted to the relief of the displaced and the general recovery of the town.
Train’s performance will air Christmas Day on VH1 as part of the special, Christmas in Sea Bright.
The band is urging fans to help by going here to donate.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Stream Mumford & Sons’ Legends of Letterman Live Performance Tonight
- 1990s Sitcoms: 7 Shows We Wish We Could Stream Right Now
- ‘Pitch Perfect 2′ Behind the Scenes Footage Goes to Camp and the Riff-Off: Watch
- Vance Joy Turns Taylor Swift’s ‘I Know Places’ Into a Slow-Burning Folk Song: Listen
- Cher Likes Chinese Food
- Miley Cyrus Launches Happy Hippie Foundation to Help Homeless Youth