Kelly Clarkson may seem like the girl next door, but she’s ready to become a diva.
The American Idol winner is joining this year’s VH1’s Divas Live, airing December 16, which pays tribute to the music of Whitney Houston and Donna Summer. The night will feature some of the biggest dance hits from the two artists, who both died earlier this year.
Kelly will join newly added acts like R&B singer Melanie Fiona, Canadian indie rock band Metric and Australian singer Havana Brown, who will play DJ for the night. Pitbull, who will be representing for the fellas, was also added to the lineup.
Ticket proceeds from Divas Live will raise money for the VH1 Save The Music Foundation, a non-profit dedicated to keeping music education in public schools.
Since 1998, when Divas premiered, the star-studded concert has provided nearly $50 million dollars in new musical instruments to 1,850 public schools throughout the country.
Watch Kelly and the rest of the ladies live from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles on Sunday, December 16 at 9 pm EST on VH1.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Officially Parents, But What’s Up With the Baby’s Name?
- Shawn Mendes Pokes Fun of Jimmy Fallon on ‘The Tonight Show’
- Adele on Quitting Smoking: ‘I’m Convinced That’s Made my Voice Weaker’
- Diddy Donates $1 Million to Howard University Scholarship Fund
- 5 Best Songs on Shawn Mendes’ ‘Illuminate’
- Justin Timberlake Revamps ‘Can’t Stop the Feeling!’ with James Corden, Gwen Stefani