Kelly Clarkson may seem like the girl next door, but she’s ready to become a diva.
The American Idol winner is joining this year’s VH1’s Divas Live, airing December 16, which pays tribute to the music of Whitney Houston and Donna Summer. The night will feature some of the biggest dance hits from the two artists, who both died earlier this year.
Kelly will join newly added acts like R&B singer Melanie Fiona, Canadian indie rock band Metric and Australian singer Havana Brown, who will play DJ for the night. Pitbull, who will be representing for the fellas, was also added to the lineup.
Ticket proceeds from Divas Live will raise money for the VH1 Save The Music Foundation, a non-profit dedicated to keeping music education in public schools.
Since 1998, when Divas premiered, the star-studded concert has provided nearly $50 million dollars in new musical instruments to 1,850 public schools throughout the country.
Watch Kelly and the rest of the ladies live from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles on Sunday, December 16 at 9 pm EST on VH1.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- Watch Daft Punk’s Video for ‘Instant Crush’ Featuring Julian Casablancas
- Interview: Travie McCoy Talks Collaborating with Jason Mraz on New Single, ‘Rough Water’