A new film festival is looking for the best of scripted cat cinema.
The Catdance Film Festival—the furry counterpart to the Sundance Film Festival—is looking for the best feline films of 2012.
The festival, sponsored by Fresh Step cat litter, is asking filmmakers (and cat lovers) to submit their best video in hopes of winning a grand prize of $10,000.
Of course, these aren’t your run of the mill YouTube clips where Fluffy gets her head stuck in a box. These short films force your little kitty to show off its acting skills like the scatting cat looking for a hat in Covetous Cat directed by Jennifer Clay or Mye Hoang’s A Cat in Love, which follows a lovelorn kitty as he tries to Skype his way to happiness.
One of our favorites is Hector, Cat Assistant directed by Rachel Wolther and Jesse Millward. This one stars a recent hire who is good at controlling the office mouse problem, but not so good at Word.
All entries must be submitted by December 7.
Vote for your favorites here and find out who wins on January 19.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 10 Songs That Fill You With Lust
- Camila Cabello Wants Body Enhancement for Her Birthday
- The Touching Oscars Moment That Turned Into a ‘Touch Me’ Moment For Karen!
- The Weeknd Unveils ‘Spring Icons’ Fashion Line
- Watch Sara Bareilles Cover Joni Mitchell for Oscars’ In Memoriam Segment
- Goo Goo Dolls Announce Tour Dates, Tease New EP