A new film festival is looking for the best of scripted cat cinema.
The Catdance Film Festival—the furry counterpart to the Sundance Film Festival—is looking for the best feline films of 2012.
The festival, sponsored by Fresh Step cat litter, is asking filmmakers (and cat lovers) to submit their best video in hopes of winning a grand prize of $10,000.
Of course, these aren’t your run of the mill YouTube clips where Fluffy gets her head stuck in a box. These short films force your little kitty to show off its acting skills like the scatting cat looking for a hat in Covetous Cat directed by Jennifer Clay or Mye Hoang’s A Cat in Love, which follows a lovelorn kitty as he tries to Skype his way to happiness.
One of our favorites is Hector, Cat Assistant directed by Rachel Wolther and Jesse Millward. This one stars a recent hire who is good at controlling the office mouse problem, but not so good at Word.
All entries must be submitted by December 7.
Vote for your favorites here and find out who wins on January 19.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- OneRepublic Duet with Teen Fan Who Overcame Brain Surgery
- Artists Share Solar Eclipse Photos, Jokes
- Britney Spears Blasts Media, Covers Bonnie Raitt in Vegas
- Nick Jonas Wishes Demi Lovato a Happy Birthday with Adorable Throwback Photo
- Taylor Swift Shares Mysterious Video on Social Media
- JAY-Z Pays Tribute to Chester Bennington