Carly Rae Jepsen Opens Up The Believe Tour at MSG In NYC!
Last night she warmed up screaming Beliebers at Madison Square Garden in Midtown Manhattan – but the day before, Fresh 102.7’s Karen Carson had a chance to sit down with the singer and pick her brain a little bit.
As you can imagine, performing at MSG was something Carly was looking forward to all tour.
“When the tour kicked off, there were those few first weeks of getting your bearings and dipping your toes in the water and I feel like we’re ready for the punch now. It’s timed out well that tonight it’s here in New York and it’s the big one,” said Carly Rae.
The pop singer was thrilled to be back in the city playing at another popular New York landmark after performing on a float in this year’s Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Listen to the full interview:
“That was such a cool moment for me. Actually the day before was my birthday so it felt like such a nice celebration into the first year of being 27. Getting to wave at everyone and being able to embrace something that was so iconic, that’s been going on for so many years,” she said.
Another thing that has become a pop culture icon is Carly’s “Call Me Maybe” single. Although it’s difficult to keep up with all the parodies on YouTube, the greedy Cookie Monster from Sesame Street one and the poolside Katy Perry one are among her favorites.
“And then there were some crazy ones out there. There was some fans from Abbotsbury, Canada – close to where I was born and these kind of macho football players did their own spoof video on how they don’t listen to it, but they secretly do, like in the shower when no one’s looking.
It was really well done,” said Carly Rae.
-Maria Bonello & Karen Carson, Fresh 102.7 / NYC
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Danny DeVito Steals the Show in One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Video: Watch
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- Impact: Taylor Swift Reveals Her Pop Side on New Album ‘1989’
- Matt Nathanson Partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to Raise Awareness for the Hearing Impaired
- #InThatOrder: Ranking Maroon 5 Albums From Worst To Best
- Ariana Grande Started Questioning Catholicism After Brother Came Out as Gay