E.L. James had one heck of a year.
The Fifty Shades author managed to turn her hobby–writing Twilight fanfiction–into an international best seller. Since her erotic trilogy has managed to sell 25 million copies in just four months, it seems now publishers are even taking chances on unknown authors with familiar stories published on fanfic websites.
But did she earn herself the coveted honor of TIME’s Person of the Year?
Though James made the short list of nominees for this year’s cover, she has some stiff competition. Other nominees include President Obama, Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas, the Mars Rover, Jay-Z, and even Korean viral sensation Psy, who just earned himself the record of most watched YouTube clip ever. The video has been viewed over 842 million times.
In 2011, the protestor was given the cover of TIME for not just voicing their complaints, but changing the world.
Who do you think deserves to be honored as TIME’s Person of the Year for 2012? Vote for your favorite on the magazine’s website until December 12.
The winner will be announced on December 14.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Win Tickets To See The 1975 At MSG
- Win A $100 Party City Gift Card For The Ultimate Football Party
- The One Song Ed Sheeran Wishes He Kept For Himself
- Jackie Evancho on Inauguration Performance: ‘I’m Hoping that I Can Bring People Together’
- Ed Sheeran on Keeping ‘Shape of You’
- The Chainsmokers are Taking Their Moms to the GRAMMYs