Lady Gaga Ignores Security In South Africa
Lady Gaga landed at Lanseria International Airport in South Africa last night before two scheduled tour dates on her Born This Way Ball. Naturally, the Little Monsters of the nation flocked to the airport for a chance to meet her, waiting for her arrival even when the flight was delayed. But fans weren’t greeted with the warm welcome they were hoping for.
As Lady Gaga touched down, she was quickly whisked away by security. Fans where vocal about their displeasure to a local news outlet.
But Gaga would not disappoint her loyal and faithful fans. Against the wishes of security, the pop star insisted on stopping and signing autographs. Gaga posted her gratefulness to her fans on Twitter later that night.
Im so happy that I was able to see my fans at the Airport in South Africa, thank u for all the time you waited, I appreciate and love you. x
— Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) November 27, 2012
Lady Gaga will play two shows in South Africa on November 30th and December 3rd before heading back stateside in January. She will perform two shows in New York City at Madison Square Garden on February 22nd and 23rd followed by a pair of shows at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center on March 6th and 7th.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bono, Liam Neeson Have Been Screenwriting a Film Together
- Chrissie Hynde on Too Much Sex Appeal in Pop: ‘Maybe They Should Just Be Making Porn Films’
- Metallica to Release Box Set of Recordings of Every 2014 Show
- Sharon Osbourne Says U2 Gave Away ‘Mediocre Music’ for Free Because ‘No One Wants to Buy It’
- Beyoncé & Jay Z Might Be Working on a Joint Album
- Interview: Mike Rutherford Looks Back on Genesis, Ahead to Mike + The Mechanics