Just in time for the holidays, fun. released their unique version of the holiday standard, “Sleigh Ride.” They put a modern spin on the classic tune, making the track their own with eclectic drum beats and frontman Nate Ruess’ trademark spirited vocals.
In addition to covering “Sleigh Ride,” Ruess has been busy collaborating with P!nk and Ke$ha on their new singles. A guest vocalist and songwriter on P!nk’s “Just Give Me a Reason” off her new album The Truth About Love, the track shows P!nk’s sensitive side. The beautiful piano based ballad garnered rave reviews and showcases standout harmonies from P!nk and Nate.
P!nk isn’t the only artist Nate’s working with. He also co-wrote Ke$ha’s latest single “Die Young” with Ke$ha alongside producers Benny Blanco, Cirkut and Dr. Luke.
Collaborator Blanco talked of the track with Rolling Stone earlier this year.
“It’s stomps and claps, and the chorus doesn’t really have any drums in it, basically. The feeling is so good,” Blanco told Rolling Stone. “And then the verse just pops in, and it’s very unexpected and it pops into electronic. So it’s rock, it’s big electronic breaks and drums.”
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Before It Was the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree, It Was the Vergoshe Family’s Norway Spruce
- This Week On FM Magazine: Hungerthon
- Lorde Crashes VEVO with ‘Team’ Video Premiere
- John Mayer, Katy Perry Release ‘Who You Love’ Artwork, the Internet Complains
- Kim’s College: Beyonce, Miley & Kelly!
- Jason Biggs to the Rescue, Kanye the Diva & Nice Guy Brad Pitt: It’s the Hollywood Hotsheet!