Just in time for the holidays, fun. released their unique version of the holiday standard, “Sleigh Ride.” They put a modern spin on the classic tune, making the track their own with eclectic drum beats and frontman Nate Ruess’ trademark spirited vocals.
In addition to covering “Sleigh Ride,” Ruess has been busy collaborating with P!nk and Ke$ha on their new singles. A guest vocalist and songwriter on P!nk’s “Just Give Me a Reason” off her new album The Truth About Love, the track shows P!nk’s sensitive side. The beautiful piano based ballad garnered rave reviews and showcases standout harmonies from P!nk and Nate.
P!nk isn’t the only artist Nate’s working with. He also co-wrote Ke$ha’s latest single “Die Young” with Ke$ha alongside producers Benny Blanco, Cirkut and Dr. Luke.
Collaborator Blanco talked of the track with Rolling Stone earlier this year.
“It’s stomps and claps, and the chorus doesn’t really have any drums in it, basically. The feeling is so good,” Blanco told Rolling Stone. “And then the verse just pops in, and it’s very unexpected and it pops into electronic. So it’s rock, it’s big electronic breaks and drums.”
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- John Mayer Defends Justin Bieber After Canceled Tour Dates
- Katy Perry Hit in the Face with Basketball
- Hanson Detail Greatest Hits Album
- Justin Bieber Cancels Final Leg of World Tour
- Linkin Park’s Mike Shinoda Shares Early Chester Bennington Memory
- Zedd is Excited for Kesha’s Return: ‘I Think the World has Been Waiting’