When Coldplay played the final show of their recent tour in Brisbane, Australia on November 21 they dropped a bit of a bombshell.
After finishing up Men at Work’s “Down Under”—a nod to their host country—Billboard reported that frontman Chris Martin told the crowd, “This is the last big show for three years or so.”
Is the band taking a well-deserved break after finishing up their world tour for Mylo Xyloto?
Well, it’s hard to say.
Was the announcement tailored to their Aussie fans who will have to wait awhile before seeing the band play?
Or is it a warning to the world that Coldplay needs a little rest & relaxation?
Either way, fans can catch the band’s live show on their recently released DVD, Live 2012, which features footage from the band’s shows in Paris, Montreal, Canada and 2011’s Glastonbury Festival.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Justin Timberlake Set to Play Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Pop Royalty Shines at We Can Survive Benefit Concert
- Kesha Dedicates ‘We Can Survive’ Performance To Fan’s Mother
- ‘Veep’ Stars Lip Sync Katy Perry’s ‘Roar’ for Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- Linkin Park Will Live Stream Chester Bennington Tribute Concert
- Kelly Clarkson Gets in the Holiday Spirit with New Song ‘Christmas Eve’