When Coldplay played the final show of their recent tour in Brisbane, Australia on November 21 they dropped a bit of a bombshell.
After finishing up Men at Work’s “Down Under”—a nod to their host country—Billboard reported that frontman Chris Martin told the crowd, “This is the last big show for three years or so.”
Is the band taking a well-deserved break after finishing up their world tour for Mylo Xyloto?
Well, it’s hard to say.
Was the announcement tailored to their Aussie fans who will have to wait awhile before seeing the band play?
Or is it a warning to the world that Coldplay needs a little rest & relaxation?
Either way, fans can catch the band’s live show on their recently released DVD, Live 2012, which features footage from the band’s shows in Paris, Montreal, Canada and 2011’s Glastonbury Festival.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly
- Watch Ellie Goulding Sing a Country Version of ‘Love Me Like You Do’