Is Coldplay Taking a Break From Touring?
When Coldplay played the final show of their recent tour in Brisbane, Australia on November 21 they dropped a bit of a bombshell.
After finishing up Men at Work’s “Down Under”—a nod to their host country—Billboard reported that frontman Chris Martin told the crowd, “This is the last big show for three years or so.”
Is the band taking a well-deserved break after finishing up their world tour for Mylo Xyloto?
Well, it’s hard to say.
Was the announcement tailored to their Aussie fans who will have to wait awhile before seeing the band play?
Or is it a warning to the world that Coldplay needs a little rest & relaxation?
Either way, fans can catch the band’s live show on their recently released DVD, Live 2012, which features footage from the band’s shows in Paris, Montreal, Canada and 2011’s Glastonbury Festival.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 5 Facts We Learned About Kodaline’s New Album ‘Coming Up for Air’
- Hunter Hayes Performs Emotional Cover of Sam Smith’s ‘I’m Not the Only One': Watch
- Giorgio Moroder Announces First Album in 30 Years, Debuts Sia-Featuring Single: Listen
- Pitbull’s Next Album Is Called ‘Dale’ & Everything Is Right with the World
- Win a Trip to See Mumford & Sons in NYC: Play Pingo
- Wanna Be Fall Out Boy’s Assistant for a Day? Their ‘Uma Thurman’ Video May (or May Not) Deter You