Amy Winehouse’s Dad Announces Tribute Concert For 2014
Amy Winehouse’s father, Mitch does not want to see fans forget about his talented daughter.
In hopes to keep her memory alive, Winehouse plans to unveil a statue of the late singer on September 14 in Camden Town, London, which will be followed by a tribute concert in her honor, the BBC reports.
“We want to make it like a Live Aid type concert where we get maybe four, five, six hours’ worth [of music],” he said. “People doing a couple of songs each.”
Though Winehouse did not reveal who exactly will be performing at the 2014 tribute concert, he did make it clear that there was no truth to the rumors that a film or musical is being made about Amy’s life at this time.
Who would you like to see perform at the tribute to Amy Winehouse?
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Interview: Joe Perry on Marriage, His New Memoir and the Future of Aerosmith
- Annie Lennox Says Twerking Has Nothing to Do with Feminism
- There’s All Kinds of Color in Gwen Stefani’s Video for ‘Baby Don’t Lie': Watch
- UNICEF Using Music to Educate Liberia About Ebola with ‘Ebola is Real': Listen
- Taylor Swift is Your Tour Guide in ‘Welcome to New York’
- Watch Taylor Swift’s Visit with the Naked Chef, ‘Shake It Off’ Parody ‘Bake It Off’