Amy Winehouse’s father, Mitch does not want to see fans forget about his talented daughter.
In hopes to keep her memory alive, Winehouse plans to unveil a statue of the late singer on September 14 in Camden Town, London, which will be followed by a tribute concert in her honor, the BBC reports.
“We want to make it like a Live Aid type concert where we get maybe four, five, six hours’ worth [of music],” he said. “People doing a couple of songs each.”
Though Winehouse did not reveal who exactly will be performing at the 2014 tribute concert, he did make it clear that there was no truth to the rumors that a film or musical is being made about Amy’s life at this time.
Who would you like to see perform at the tribute to Amy Winehouse?
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- GRAMMY Nominations: 7 Bizarre Matchups
- Rihanna Stoked by Multiple GRAMMY Nominations
- Drake’s NYC OVO Flagship Store Opens This Weekend
- Win Passes For Lucasfilms’ ‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ Advanced Screening
- John Legend and ‘Sesame Street’ Send Love to Daughter Luna
- Listen: Lindsey Stirling’s Awesome Remake of Hans Zimmer’s ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ Theme