Some of music’s biggest artists will be performing in New York during Macy’s 86th Annual Thanksgiving Day Parade tomorrow.
Californian singer Colbie Caillat told MTV News about her excitement to be a part of Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
“I’ve been watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade since I was a little girl, and never thought that I would be there on such a fun day, on a float with all those fantastic balloons and New Yorkers lining the street,” Caillat said. “I am so excited to perform and give my support for the great city as it recovers from Hurricane Sandy.”
For artists like Carly Rae and The Wanted this is just working on a Thursday since neither are American and don’t celebrate Thanksgiving. Jepsen celebrates Canada’s Thanksgiving Day the second Monday of October and the UK’s the Wanted they don’t have Thanksgiving at all. But they do celebrate the wheat harvest on Lammas Day, which is August 1st.
This year’s parade welcomes four new balloons including Hello Kitty, Papa Smurf, the Elf on the Shelf from the 2005 children’s book of the same name and a novelty clown balloon designed by New Jersey graffiti artist KAWS as part of the Companion series, which has featured balloon created by contemporary artists like Tim Burton, Tom Otterness and the late Keith Haring.
Watch the Macy’s 86th Annual Thanksgiving Day Parade at 9 am EST on NBC.
-E.J. Judge, 92.3 NOW/New York
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly
- Watch Ellie Goulding Sing a Country Version of ‘Love Me Like You Do’