Jason Mraz Plans Historic Tour Stop, Releases Video For ‘93 Million Miles’
REMJason Mraz isn’t just playing music in Myanmar next month, he’s making history.
The singer is playing a free outdoor concert in the country, also known as Burma, on December 16 that will raise awareness for human trafficking. It is the first time an international artist has performed an open-air concert in the country, according to Billboard.
Myanmar was previously led by a military junta until last year when they ceded power to a new elected government run by President Thein Sein. The new government, which is pushing the country to democracy even received a visit from President Barack Obama who offered “hand of friendship” to Myanmar.
The show, sponsored by MTV and being held at the People’s Square in Yangon, will not only feature local artists, but a set from Mraz that will be tailored towards the message of educating, empowering and engaging the people of Myanmar.
Mraz plans to perform his hits “I’m Yours,” “I Won’t Give Up” and his latest single, “93 Million Miles.”
The video for the new song off his album, LOVE is a Four Letter Word, was filmed at his recent show at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Denver, CO.
The clip, directed by Jeff Coffman, not only features wondrous views of the venue, but his fans showing off their Mraz-themed tattoos.
Watch the video for “93 Million Miles” below.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Adele Turns Down Huge Offer, Shuts Down Tour Rumors
- Nate Ruess on the Difference Between ‘Some Nights’ and ‘Grand Romantic’
- Listen to ‘Miley Cyrus and Her Dead Petz’ Album
- Why is The Weeknd being Chauffeured by John Travolta in New Apple Music Ad?
- Justin Bieber Drops His Sexy ‘What Do You Mean?’ Video
- Watch: Nick Jonas Drops New Video for ‘Levels’