Jason Mraz Plans Historic Tour Stop, Releases Video For ‘93 Million Miles’
REMJason Mraz isn’t just playing music in Myanmar next month, he’s making history.
The singer is playing a free outdoor concert in the country, also known as Burma, on December 16 that will raise awareness for human trafficking. It is the first time an international artist has performed an open-air concert in the country, according to Billboard.
Myanmar was previously led by a military junta until last year when they ceded power to a new elected government run by President Thein Sein. The new government, which is pushing the country to democracy even received a visit from President Barack Obama who offered “hand of friendship” to Myanmar.
The show, sponsored by MTV and being held at the People’s Square in Yangon, will not only feature local artists, but a set from Mraz that will be tailored towards the message of educating, empowering and engaging the people of Myanmar.
Mraz plans to perform his hits “I’m Yours,” “I Won’t Give Up” and his latest single, “93 Million Miles.”
The video for the new song off his album, LOVE is a Four Letter Word, was filmed at his recent show at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Denver, CO.
The clip, directed by Jeff Coffman, not only features wondrous views of the venue, but his fans showing off their Mraz-themed tattoos.
Watch the video for “93 Million Miles” below.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- What Is Mariah Carey Working on with Justin Bieber and French Montana?
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 4 Musicians You Will Instantly Fall In Love With After One Listen
- Win Passes To The World Premiere of “The Man From U.N.CL.E.”
- Be in Pharrell’s Next Music Video, We’ll Tell You How
- Smokey Robinson to be Honored By Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Duran Duran’s Simon Le Bon Reveals the Glue That Kept ‘Paper Gods’ Together