Tissue Alert: Gavin DeGraw and Colbie Caillat’s Duet In New Nicholas Sparks Movie
Gavin DeGraw and Colbie Caillat have been teasing fans with their duet “We Both Know,” which they premiered back in August for some lucky fans at their show in L.A., but it seems now it has an official release.
The movie, starring Julianne Hough and Fergie’s hubby, Josh Duhamel, focuses on a young woman with a mysterious past who ends up in Southport, North Carolina where her bond with a widower forces her to confront a dark secret.
Colbie told THR that she thinks their song definitely fits the message of the movie.
“It’s a song about a relationship where you need time apart and you get perspective on who you are as a person and who you are in the relationship,” she said. “It’s a beautiful ballad.”
Earlier this year, Colbie also told CBS Local that the song may have been about love, but it wasn’t your standard love song.
“[‘We Both Know’] is a song about two people that are confused on where they are at in their relationship but they know each other’s limits and how far to push each other and how far, when to step back,” she said. “I think it’s a really good relationship song for anyone who’s confused at where they’re at in life.”
Gavin teased that the two will be filming a video for the new song, but gave no word on when it would be released.
In the meantime though, you can hear these two make beautiful music together with their duet, “Baby It’s Cold Outside,” featured on Colbie’s holiday album, Christmas in the Sand, out now.
Watch the trailer for Safe Haven below and let us know whether or not you think Gavin and Colbie’s duet seems like the right fit.
If you should be wondering, that’s Lissie you just heard playing throughout the trailer taking on Fleetwood Mac’s “Go Your Own Way.”
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- ‘Fresh First’ Artist Melanie Martinez Reveals The Inspiration Behind ‘Dollhouse’
- Haulin Oats Earns Hall & Oates Lawsuit, But Garfunkel & Oates Get a Pass?
- Prince Announces Hit & Run Tour with Pop-Up Shows Across U.S.
- Maybe It’s a Hoax, But Adele’s ’25’ Was Spotted on Amazon Today
- Kelly Clarkson Talks The Passion Of Pregnancy Recording And Creating ‘Piece By Piece’
- Bodyguard Forcefully Removes Fan from Lady Gaga’s Path in Paris