Dave Grohl, James Hetfield, Bono Among World’s Wealthiest Frontmen List
When it comes to singing for your supper, it’s legacy artists like Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger and Bono who can afford the priciest dinners in the world, according to a recent ranking of music’s richest lead singers compiled by celebritynetworth.com.
Generating the numbers using “all publicly available information including salaries, real estate holdings, divorces, record sales, royalties and endorsements” minus “a formula that takes out taxes, manager’s fees, agents’ fees, and lifestyle,” the website found that former Beatles frontman Paul McCartney is the king of bank accounts with a staggering net worth of $800 million. That number is all the more impressive considering the $48.6 million he paid out to ex-wife Heather Mills in their 2008 divorce settlement.
Just behind McCartney is U2 singer Bono, whose $600 million lands him in second place, followed by eternal frat-boy favorite Jimmy Buffett, sitting on a cool $400 million from his legion of devoted “Parrotheads,” who pack his concerts and two restaurant franchises.
Elton John and Mick Jagger round out the list’s Top Five, worth $320 million and $305 million, respectively.
Other notables in the Top 50 include Anthony Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers at #26 ($120 million), Gwen Stefani of No Doubt at #33 ($80 million) and Blink-182 singers Tom DeLonge and Mark Hoppus tied for #50 ($60 million).
–Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Style Files: Selena Gomez Launches ‘Rock Chic’ Adidas NEO Summer Collection
- Major Lazer Teams Up with Pharrell and an ‘Aerosol Can’
- Prince, Warner Bros. Announce Partnership, ‘Purple Rain’ Reissue
- Austin Mahone Drops ‘Till I Find You,’ New Album Track Listing
- One Direction Morph Into Each Other For ‘You & I’ Video
- Raves Are For Kids: NYC Clubs Cater to the 12-and-Under Set