When it comes to singing for your supper, it’s legacy artists like Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger and Bono who can afford the priciest dinners in the world, according to a recent ranking of music’s richest lead singers compiled by celebritynetworth.com.
Generating the numbers using “all publicly available information including salaries, real estate holdings, divorces, record sales, royalties and endorsements” minus “a formula that takes out taxes, manager’s fees, agents’ fees, and lifestyle,” the website found that former Beatles frontman Paul McCartney is the king of bank accounts with a staggering net worth of $800 million. That number is all the more impressive considering the $48.6 million he paid out to ex-wife Heather Mills in their 2008 divorce settlement.
Just behind McCartney is U2 singer Bono, whose $600 million lands him in second place, followed by eternal frat-boy favorite Jimmy Buffett, sitting on a cool $400 million from his legion of devoted “Parrotheads,” who pack his concerts and two restaurant franchises.
Elton John and Mick Jagger round out the list’s Top Five, worth $320 million and $305 million, respectively.
Other notables in the Top 50 include Anthony Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers at #26 ($120 million), Gwen Stefani of No Doubt at #33 ($80 million) and Blink-182 singers Tom DeLonge and Mark Hoppus tied for #50 ($60 million).
–Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: Music Community Mourns
- IMPACT: Plain White T’s Gear Up for New Album with ‘The Giving Tree’
- Lana Del Rey Announces Title of ‘Born to Die’ Follow-Up
- Madonna Shows Support for Russian LGBT Community With New Campaign
- Lionel Richie Says Luke Bryan Is ‘First on the List’ For Possible Country Release
- Actress Amanda Bynes Back In Court In Bong-Tossing Case