Deb Gordon’s guest was Em Findley, Communications Coordinator at God’s Love We Deliver and they spotlighted God’s Love We Deliver’s 19th Annual Race to Deliver, which this year is being called the Race to Recover from Hurricane Sandy. The organization will use the funds raised from the Race to help replenish their stock which was emptied after the storm.
Ms. Findley discussed the efforts of staff and volunteers to help the surrounding community after the hurricane hit. God’s Love We Deliver is located in Soho, which is a neighborhood that lost power during the storm, and they all rallied together to distribute and deliver over 8000 meals to those who were adversely affected by the storm as well as provide over 2000 emergency meal kits they called “Sandy Bags” to their chronically ill clients.
Ms. Findley also discussed many of the other services that God’s Love We Deliver provides including nutrition education and counseling, and Thanksgiving and Holiday meals to not only their clients, but also their clients’ guests..
The Race is an entertainment filled 4 mile run/walk held in Central Park and will raise funds to help God’s Love continue their efforts to help prevent those who are ill from being hungry.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- John Legend Has All His Luggage, Chill
- Bruno Mars’ ‘That’s What I Like’ Gets PartyNextDoor Remix
- Selena Gomez Celebrates World Kindness Day at LA High School
- Ed Sheeran’s ‘Shape Of You’ Soothes Crying Baby
- Ed Sheeran on Liberian Relief Trip: ‘Nothing Could Have Prepared Me for What I Saw’
- John Mayer Wrote ‘Still Feel Like Your Man’ About Katy Perry