This Week On FM Magazine: God’s Love We Deliver Race To Recover After Hurricane Sandy
Deb Gordon’s guest was Em Findley, Communications Coordinator at God’s Love We Deliver and they spotlighted God’s Love We Deliver’s 19th Annual Race to Deliver, which this year is being called the Race to Recover from Hurricane Sandy. The organization will use the funds raised from the Race to help replenish their stock which was emptied after the storm.
Ms. Findley discussed the efforts of staff and volunteers to help the surrounding community after the hurricane hit. God’s Love We Deliver is located in Soho, which is a neighborhood that lost power during the storm, and they all rallied together to distribute and deliver over 8000 meals to those who were adversely affected by the storm as well as provide over 2000 emergency meal kits they called “Sandy Bags” to their chronically ill clients.
Ms. Findley also discussed many of the other services that God’s Love We Deliver provides including nutrition education and counseling, and Thanksgiving and Holiday meals to not only their clients, but also their clients’ guests..
The Race is an entertainment filled 4 mile run/walk held in Central Park and will raise funds to help God’s Love continue their efforts to help prevent those who are ill from being hungry.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bono’s Sunglasses Are Not a Fashion Statement — He Has Glaucoma
- Mumford & Sons Back in the Studio for Third Album with Arctic Monkeys Producer James Ford
- Paramount Acquires Rights to Steamy Fanfiction Starring Harry Styles
- Paul McCartney Plays Pool in Lost Wings TV Ad: Watch
- Lena Dunham Says Taylor Swift’s New Bonus Track is Her ‘Someday Wedding Song’
- Yusuf/Cat Stevens Releases New Song ‘The Devil Came From Kansas': Listen