Travis Barker Of Blink-182: “Animal From The Muppets Made Me Pick Up The Drum Sticks”
“Honestly, that was my first exposure to a true drummer,” Barker explained during an exclusive interview with CBS Local about the popular (and influential) Muppet whose beats were performed by late British jazz great Ronnie Verrell. “That was who made me pick up the drum sticks, you know? My first drum kit was an Animal drum kit. He was amazing. And then after that was Buddy Rich.”
Perusing the list of drummers, Barker picked out his favorites among the field.
“Of course Alex Van Halen from Van Halen was a big influence. Tommy Lee from when I was a kid from Motley Crue. Danny Carey from Tool is a good drummer…John Bonham from Led Zeppelin. That’s pretty much it. Those were my guys.”
Barker and the Blink-182 boys are currently putting the finishing touches on a new Christmas EP due for release on December 18. After a tour of Australia early next year, the band plans to record a new album they hope will be in the hot little hands of their fans before the end of 2013.
–Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Shania Twain Says New Album is In the Works
- 8-Seconds of White Noise from Taylor Swift Topped the Canadian iTunes Chart
- Sia Does ‘You’re Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile’ For ‘Annie’ Soundtrack: Listen
- Related Questions: Walk the Moon, ‘Shut Up and Dance’
- We Can Survive 2014: What Have the Performers Been Up To?
- Taylor Swift Teases New Song ‘Never Go Out of Style’ in Target Commercial: Watch