Christina Perri Talks About Making Second ‘Twilight’ Appearance: ‘Beyond My Wildest Dreams”
Christina Perri never would have guessed that her song “A Thousand Years” would be in one of the Twilight movies, never mind two.
The singer told CBS Local that when the head of her record label, Atlantic Records, called her looking to talk–something she swears he never does– she assumed she was in trouble. Instead he was calling to see if she would re-record her song, which was featured in Breaking Dawn: Part 1, for for a pivotal scene in Part 2.
The second time around, Christina decided to re-do the song exactly how she originally envisioned it to be. She added an extra verse, an orchestra and the singer, Steve Kazee from Broadway’s Once.
“It was written as a duet,” she said. “If you listen to the words of the second verse it’s a male singing to a female. It’s like Edward singing to Bella.”
When Perri first saw the movie she was sitting with the film’s director, Bill Condon and the music supervisor for the series, Alexandra Patsavas.
“You might have thought that because I was with them I would keep my cool,” she said. “But I totally didn’t, I was gasping and crying and laughing. I was so overwhelmed and touched by the ending.”
Her song has not only meant a lot to Twihards, who have crowned “A Thousand Years” the official song of Bella and Edward, but to the movie cast members Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson, along with the book’s author, Stephanie Meyer.
“They’ve come up to me and said ‘thank you for our swan song,’” she said. “And that just blows my mind.”
Check out “A Thousand Years Part 2” in Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 and on the movie’s soundtrack, both out now.
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- HBO Reveals Trailer, Release Date for Beyoncé & Jay Z ‘On the Run’ Concert Special
- Billy Joel Wins Library of Congress’ Gershwin Prize
- Listen to OneRepublic’s Song for ‘The Giver’ Soundtrack, ‘Ordinary Human’
- Bastille Snags ‘Game of Thrones’ Star Sophie Turner for ‘Oblivion’: Watch
- This Week On FM Magazine: Operation Backpack® For New York’s Kids
- Grandfather Amazes Entire Wedding With His Sweet Dance Moves