Taylor Swift Gets Silly With British TV Host Alan Carr
In a ten-minute sit-down (well, mostly) interview with British TV host Alan Carr, Taylor Swift allows herself to get a little silly.
Just ask her alter ego, Candy.
Taylor made an appearance this past week on Alan Carr: Chatty Man, the popular TV comedy chat show that Carr has hosted since 2009. And she was beaming right from the get-go. “I’m so happy to be here,” she said, “you’re the fun guy.”
During the chat, the two of them talk drinking (it doesn’t happen “every day,” says Taylor, but “when I do it’s fun”); antiques (a bit that leaves Taylor 100 quid richer); relationships; and her new album Red. They also sip a bit of Red Bull (which Taylor claims to have never tried before), before Alan suggests that Taylor take on an alter ego.
“What should mine be?” asks Taylor.
“I was thinking you need a naughty alter ego,” says Alan. “Candy.”
Taylor, not missing a beat, jumps right in. “Does Candy speak like this? ‘Hey ya’ll, I’m Candy, and I just found some free money.'”
The next comment makes her blush…but gets the crowd (and Carr) roaring.
Carr apparently enjoyed spending time with Taylor, because later that weekend, at the MTV European Music Awards, he floated the idea of doing a duet with Taylor.
Just in case you missed it: Taylor’s performance from last night’s MTV EMAs! tswift.co/ema-perf
— Taylor Nation (@taylornation13) November 12, 2012
- Kurt Wolff, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bono, Liam Neeson Have Been Screenwriting a Film Together
- Chrissie Hynde on Too Much Sex Appeal in Pop: ‘Maybe They Should Just Be Making Porn Films’
- Metallica to Release Box Set of Recordings of Every 2014 Show
- Sharon Osbourne Says U2 Gave Away ‘Mediocre Music’ for Free Because ‘No One Wants to Buy It’
- Beyoncé & Jay Z Might Be Working on a Joint Album
- Interview: Mike Rutherford Looks Back on Genesis, Ahead to Mike + The Mechanics