In a ten-minute sit-down (well, mostly) interview with British TV host Alan Carr, Taylor Swift allows herself to get a little silly.
Just ask her alter ego, Candy.
Taylor made an appearance this past week on Alan Carr: Chatty Man, the popular TV comedy chat show that Carr has hosted since 2009. And she was beaming right from the get-go. “I’m so happy to be here,” she said, “you’re the fun guy.”
During the chat, the two of them talk drinking (it doesn’t happen “every day,” says Taylor, but “when I do it’s fun”); antiques (a bit that leaves Taylor 100 quid richer); relationships; and her new album Red. They also sip a bit of Red Bull (which Taylor claims to have never tried before), before Alan suggests that Taylor take on an alter ego.
“What should mine be?” asks Taylor.
“I was thinking you need a naughty alter ego,” says Alan. “Candy.”
Taylor, not missing a beat, jumps right in. “Does Candy speak like this? ‘Hey ya’ll, I’m Candy, and I just found some free money.'”
The next comment makes her blush…but gets the crowd (and Carr) roaring.
Carr apparently enjoyed spending time with Taylor, because later that weekend, at the MTV European Music Awards, he floated the idea of doing a duet with Taylor.
Just in case you missed it: Taylor’s performance from last night’s MTV EMAs! tswift.co/ema-perf
— Taylor Nation (@taylornation13) November 12, 2012
– Kurt Wolff, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Justin Timberlake & Jessica Biel Have Lunch with Hillary Clinton
- ‘I Almost Passed on Katy Perry’: An Interview with Lava Records CEO Jason Flom
- The Song of the Summer 2016 Has Been Crowned
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Caught Smooching
- Britney Spears Auctions Clothing for Louisiana Flood Relief
- Don’t Miss Halle Berry’s Dramatic Reading of ‘Oops!… I Did It Again’