Ne-Yo’s ‘R.E.D.’ Hit Sales Charts At No. 4, Taylor Swift’s ‘Red’ Still Rocks
Ne-Yo’s new album, R.E.D., debuted at No. 4 on the sales chart this week, while another Red set continues to dominate sales.
While Taylor Swift‘s Red album reigns atop SoundScan for a third week with 196,000 sold (1.7 million to date), R&B star Ne-Yo has entered the charts with his R.E.D. album which clocked about 66,000 units sold in its first week.
Ne-Yo released his album on Election Day and recently explained to CBS Local how he split the album into different parts.
“This album is literally split down the middle,” Ne-Yo explained. “One half is strictly for my R&B fan base and the other is the pop fan base…I pride myself and thank my fans for being open-minded enough to allow me to be the kind of artist who can do a song with Young Jeezy and then turn around and do a song with David Guetta or Calvin Harris. There are not a lot of artists that they give that kind of leeway to, I am one. I appreciate that.”
While Ne-Yo attempts to feed two audiences, other releases offered fans a singular focus. At No. 2 sits the popular Now That’s What I Call Music series (98,000), which includes hits from PSY, Pink, Flo Rida and other pop artists. Third place was held by Rod Stewart’s Merry Christmas Baby (162,000), and the No.5 was held down by Aerosmith’s Music From Another Dimension (63,000).
-E. Parker, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Ingrid Michaelson Looks To The Past For Inspiration On ‘Time Machine’
- War Gets Romantic in Vance Joy’s ‘Georgia’ Video: Watch
- Ed Sheeran Gives Newly Married Couple Surprise of a Lifetime at Their Wedding: Watch
- Here’s Billy Zane Reading Tweets Meant for Zayn Malik
- Duran Duran’s New Album Features Nile Rodgers, John Frusciante, Mark Ronson Collabs
- Zayn Malik Breaks Silence About Quitting One Direction, Plans Solo Career (Eventually)