Dave Gahan Of Depeche Mode Stars In New “People Are People” Volkswagen Ad
As part of the European launch campaign for the new Golf 7, Volkswagen has released a commercial featuring Depeche Mode song “People Are People,” with the band’s lead singer Dave Gahan appearing behind the wheel of the 2013 car.
The spot blends six wildly diverse cover takes on the 1984 hit single to match different scenarios, including Johnny Cash-styled country, a gentle lullaby and dance floor remix versions.
The pay-off comes towards the end of the spot, when Gahan is shown cruising to the strains of the Depeche Mode original.
There has been much activity in the Depeche Mode camp recently, with the band announcing the first leg of a 2013 world tour that kicks off in Tel Aviv next May. The tour is expected to hit North America in mid-August. They also released a short film that features new music from what will be their thirteenth (and still untitled) studio album.
–Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Prince Removes Music From All Streaming Services Except TIDAL
- Interview: Adam Lambert on ‘The Original High,’ ’80s Covers, Queen and Broadway
- Watch the Dark New Trailer for Aaron Sorkin’s ‘Steve Jobs’
- ‘Roots’ Is Getting Rebooted with Laurence Fishburne as Alex Haley
- Interview: Joy Williams Lets Down the Walls on Solo Album ‘Venus’
- There’s No Actual Bad Blood Between Selena Gomez & Katy Perry