Blink-182’s Travis Barker On Billie Joe Armstong’s Rehab: “We All Have Our Demons”
During a recent exclusive interview with CBS Local, Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker declined to make a statement regarding Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong’s current stint in rehab, instead focusing on finding ways to find something positive in even the most challenging circumstances.
“We all have our demons. I battle with my own demons,” Barker mused. “I think it comes with the territory of rock and roll or punk rock music, you know what I mean? Being a musician, everyone has their own things they have to deal with. Mine was losing four friends and getting over a plane crash,” he added, referencing the tragic 2008 accident that claimed the lives of four people and critically injured Barker and the late DJ AM. “You pick yourself up and you become probably even strong and better, after such a huge and horrific event like that.”
“It’s not the best way to look at it, (but) use something like that and do something good with it,” Barker continued. “Write good songs and try to make the best of it.”
Barker and the boys of Blink-182 are gearing up for their recently-announced Christmas EP of as many as five new all-original songs that’s due to hit retailers on December 18. The band is currently writing for a new studio album they plan to start recording early next year for a 2013 release.
–Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Katy Perry Did Not Eat a Guinea Pig Sandwich
- DNCE Announce ‘SWAAY’ EP and Tease ‘Cake By the Ocean’ Video
- The Gum Commercial That Has America Sobbing
- Rihanna, Selena Gomez & The Weeknd Performing At Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show
- Watch Lady Gaga’s ‘Til it Happens to You’ Behind-The-Scenes Clip
- Donald Trump and Sia Both Return to ‘Saturday Night Live’ in November